Notices

User Tag List

Thread: What is the SIM slot for on A6 2011? (and other MMI questions)

1. What is the SIM slot for on A6 2011? (and other MMI questions) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,
    Considering purchasing a 2011 A6 and it has DVD nav (low) and a 6 disk multi changer in the glove box. There are also 2 x SD card slots and a SIM slot.
    As there is no "fancy" Google maps on it - what does the SIM card do? If it is DVD based NAV - what are the 2 x SD cards for and can it play video DVDs from the DVD player?
    There is no jukebox as I understand that is a side function of HDD nav.
    Can the MMI3G DVD based nave do full postcode search?

Just I have a MMI2G in mine and my handbook doesn't cover this so thought it a good idea to ask those that have it as can't play with the one I am considering.
    Thanks
    '07 A6 3.0 V6 Quattro S-Line Le Mans
    (@206k Aug 2018)

'52 Passat TDI 130 Sport Avant - sold at 218k 2011

0 0 0

2. Re: What is the SIM slot for on A6 2011? (and other MMI questions) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    SD card slots you can use for navigation or music. No video playback on 3G low. Sim, just for calls etc...pointless as you have bt anyway!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

3. Re: What is the SIM slot for on A6 2011? (and other MMI questions) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,
    Thanks for the reply - so I could put a SIM in it and have a separate/second phone in the car?
    SD card for navigation - so is that for maps or updates or both?
    On my 2G I have an option to have an iPod or USB HDD (two different cables) connected to the MMI behind a little rubber flap - is this still possible via a socket I haven't seen somewhere in the glove box of the 3G?

Thanks
    '07 A6 3.0 V6 Quattro S-Line Le Mans
    (@206k Aug 2018)

'52 Passat TDI 130 Sport Avant - sold at 218k 2011

0 0 0

4. Re: What is the SIM slot for on A6 2011? (and other MMI questions) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_bot View Post
    Hello,
    1.Thanks for the reply - so I could put a SIM in it and have a separate/second phone in the car?
    2.SD card for navigation - so is that for maps or updates or both?
    3.On my 2G I have an option to have an iPod or USB HDD (two different cables) connected to the MMI behind a little rubber flap - is this still possible via a socket I haven't seen somewhere in the glove box of the 3G?

Thanks
    1. Yes you can use sim slot like second phone.
    2. For both, you can update system via sd and you can have map on sd.
    3.If no connector(30pin) in glovebox, you must add harness for AMI 60-200pounds, depends from where
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0