1. Seat recline not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi looking for some help please. The electric recline on my drivers seat doesn't work. I've prised the back of the seat (used a putty knife and table knife, one on each side of the three clips at the top and managed to get these out without breaking them ). I've tested the recline motor by connecting it directly to the car battery and it moves in both directions without any problem. So I know it's mechanically all good. I am now thinking that the issue is the electrics. Where do I start? Is there a fuse that just controls the recline of the seat (I don't believe so)? Would it be the switch module on the side of the seat? Or there is what looks like a control box under the seat (part # 8H0 959 760 A) - could this be the issue? I've looked inside the control module and its got lots of electrical components - difficult to see but there are not apparent components burnt out or shorts on the PCB. Or could it be something else that I've not though of?

0 0 0

2. Re: Seat recline not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same issue on my cab and the module had corrosion when opened up.
    I think likely it's that.
    If you get a new one off fleabay it'll need coding to your vin number. That can be done with vcds or obdeleven Bluetooth to phone dongle.

Usually the modules are around £100 but sometimes come up cheaper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Electric drivers seat won't lift or recline
    By karllap in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 08:57 AM
  2. Heated Seat Not Working
    By h20ruf in forum Q7 - 4L Forum - 2006 - 2015
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-12-2013, 06:06 PM
  3. Drivers seat stuck...back wont recline