Hi All,

First post here - I recently bought a 2009 VW Scirocco 2.0 DSG and wanted to change the head unit for something with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and better Bluetooth Audio Control so I bought a RDC330G+ from eBay which did everything I wanted.

Got it fitted at the weekend and everything worked as expected, touchscreen interface was much better and installation was very easy.

The only annoyance I have is that when the car is first put into reverse on each journey it attempts to connect to a reversing camera that the car doesn't have, before defaulting to the parking sensors that the car does have. Its not a big deal but it would be nice to get it sorted.

Does anyone know how to go about resolving the above, I guess the radio needs to be coded to know that there is no camera?

It would also be nice to change the car displayed on the parking sensors screen to be a Scirocco, although its hard to tell what it is now, I guess its a Passat.

I am not in a position to test anything out at the moment, as the car went back to the garage on a low-loader last night due to engine problems so I refitted the factory radio, hoping to have it back at the weekend though.

Any help appreciated - thanks in advance.