Hi, bought my first Audi a 2013 A3 S line 2.0 TDI, about 2 months ago, and all was very well with the car until the weather changed and we had some serious rain. Initially I found a damp carpet in the front passenger footwell, checked under the scuttle and found instead of the small, about 10mm dia.,drain holes expected, I found large, 25 x 50mm drain holes all clear and completely dry. A more thorough search showed a small damp patch on the headlining above the A pillar. Internet search advised probable cause leaking sunroof drains, most likely the connection between the plastic water receiver and the drain tube. Partially unsecured the headlining from B pillar to sunroof control switch and also the upper A pillar trims, and can find no tubes either in the A pillar metal work or between the A pillar and the trims, or under the headlining. I then poured water between the inner and outer
panoramic
sunroof seals, and on both sides of the windscreen water ran out from underneath the corner of the sunroof front panel and down what appears to be a drain channel on each side of the windscreen, and also a small amount onto the headlining above the A pillar. I am totally puzzled as to how water restricted to outside the car roof, and exiting down the windscreen can leak into the interior. Any information relating other drivers experiences, on the sunroof construction and installation, or on leak proofing, will be gratefully received

Thanks in advance

jascook