1. Unhappy Transmision problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi friends. I will try to be as clear as possible.

I had a car crash which broke the upper part of the transmission where is is held by the support. That piece was soldered so everything is OK now. We put new transmission fluid.

We had to remove the entire transmission for that repair, and now everything is back in place I have a problem. I turn on the engine, and I move from Parking to Reverse and nothing happens. I move until I get to "S" and then it moves. The car moves with no problem. I can go now to "D" and everything is OK. I move to "N", and "R" and the car moves backwards without any problem. When I go again to "P", and back to "R" then nothing works.

In the dashboard I can see correctly "P", "R", "N", and so on. Also I can see "P", "R", etc glowing red in the knob as they are being selected. But it wont move until I go back to "S".

Any clue with my problem? I feel so bad at this as we already assembled everything now.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

0 0 0

2. Re: Transmision problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need a diagnostic system to see what is going on, not just for stored fault codes but also the live data, without this tool you are going to struggle. You say the box was soldered, most of these casings are Magnesium alloy which gets angry when made hot and does not weld very well, I tried it recently and putting out the fire was fun....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Transmision problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello friend.

I was able to fix the problem.

The latch which switches the transmission current state was completely in a bad position. My mind got wrecked... when the knob is at "P" then the cable PULLS the latch backwards and not pushes it towards as my mind thought. The "S" position PUSHES to the most far position. The cable works in an inverse mode that my mind didnt see the first time. Now every transmission state works except for "P", this one works only sometimes. It needs some adjustment

I made a picture explaining a little more.

Just a dumb mistake! (P where S should be and viceversa).

knob.png

0 0 0