1. Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As per title really. The DIS has gone completely blank out of the blue. I’ve searched the net but it doesn’t seem to be that common. I’ve spoken to a cluster repair firm who tell me the only way to go about it is to get the part no. from the back of the cluster, buy a similar one, refit and recode. I’d be looking at about £600. Anyone with any ideas, I haven’t got a vag scan tool, so I guess that would be my first port of call?
    Last edited by juba; 26-08-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Audi A4 Avant technik 2.0 tdi 2011

0 0 0

2. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juba View Post
    As per title really. The DIS has gone completely blank out of the blue. I’ve searched the net but it doesn’t seem to be that common. I’ve spoken to a cluster repair firm who tell me the only way to go about it is to get the part no. from the back of the cluster, buy a similar one, refit and recode. I’d be looking at about £600. Anyone with any ideas, I haven’t got a vag scan tool, so I guess that would be my first port of call?
    My motor is a avant technik 2.0 tdi 2011.
    600 pure rip off...vcds will probably not give you any help(you can scan, but as far i know few stories display fault in cluster did not trigger the error, but who knows, maybe your case is different).
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

3. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Could it be the lcd display that has failed all of a sudden?

0 0 0

4. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Found a couple of places that repair these type of issues for £200ish lifetime warranty which is good news, bad news is that it needs to be sent away which means I’m off road for 3-4days. The other option is a 2nd hand lcd for £150 ish with only a years warranty but it’s an hour away and a couple of hours to fit. Bugger! Decision time.

0 0 0

5. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    you would never need like "lifetime" warranty" so a bit a empty adv...check ebay i saw way cheaper clusters then 150....lcd swap is easy, front cover off and 3 screws for lcd!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 1 0

6. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If it’s not that hard I might give it a bash. I also just realised that I don’t get the audible pings, for example if I Go over the speed limit that I set from the main screen. Would this still point to a faulty lcd?

0 0 0

7. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    No,there is plug&play speaker inside also(but i am not sure is mmi speedlimit using cluster speaker or soundsystem), but if no beep lights on etc, then small speaker is broken, sometimes cleaning speaker and contacts may also help... If my memory correct speaker is other side of the needles, so no need to remove needles and gauges!

https://s25.postimg.cc/syqzxp18f/speaker.jpg

0 1 0

8. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I haven't ever owned an A4 B8, but on one of my previous A6s (I think it was a C5) there was a button on the bottom of the wiper stalk that turned the DIS off and on. Before you go ripping out your dash cluster, it's worth checking to see if your A4 has a similar button? Probably a complete red herring, but it will only toke you a moment to check, and if you're lucky it might save you a lot of bother

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Would this suggest then that there is another underlying problem somewhere which has caused both speaker and lcd to fail?

0 0 0

10. Re: Driver information display gone blank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juba View Post
    Would this suggest then that there is another underlying problem somewhere which has caused both speaker and lcd to fail?
    Are you 100% sure this happened same time?
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 31-08-2018 at 05:37 AM.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast