Hi all - just wanted to ask for thoughts on a problem I thought had solved too easily.

2009 A3 TDIE Sport.

For a few months now, the electric window on the drivers door has been failing sporadically, but i found opening and slamming the door made it work (yes - I should have sorted it long since).
From time to time the lock/unlock switch didn't work either.
Anyway, day before yesterday (Thursday) it went down and stuck - wouldn't go back up at all.
Did a few google forum searches and it seemed it was more than likely severed wires in the loom between the bulkhead and door.

And pulling back the rubber seal, this is what i found.
Happy days (better than there being no broken wires and the window not working)

loom.jpg

wowzer!!!!
But pleased it was what is was supposed to be
Temporarily connected the live wire to raise the window, and planned to remove the loom to solder and heatshrink all the wires properly this weekend.

So got in to the car yesterday morning (Friday) and the battery was flat, just clicking.
Was in a rush so bumped it, and drove to where i needed to go, didn't switch it off, and came home.
Thought it had to be something to do with the door issue, so took the leads off overnight.
This morning, (saturday) flat again.
Took the battery off, and slow charged it in the garage.
Left it on a good few hours, and went to check it and it was reading 14.5v
held the multimeter on it and the volts were just dropping 0.1v every few seconds.
it got to 13v and I left it for half an hour.
Went back and it had settled at 10.6v.
So
My question is:

Is this just a pure coincidence, that the electrical problem with the loom in the door shut happened within hours of the battery dying????

On another note.
I did find out/realise during the investigation of loss of power to systems in the driver's door, that the drivers door was not locking with the remote.
For god knows how long, i have been locking the doors with the fob, and the lights flash and the locks clunk, so I never ever thought to check they were actually locking!!!