1. Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got a slight problem with my rear door not wanting to open when i press the unlock on the key. When i press unlock it opens all the doors apart from that one and i have a light on the rear child lock button for that door. When i turn the car on i have a message saying child lock malfunction.

If i press the button for the child lock feature that's now lit up, the error goes away but i still cant open the door.

The only way i can open the door is by pulling the handle on the inside which does nothing but feels like it pulls something in side rather then open the door. Even if i pull it all the way the door doesn't open as if its deadlocked but it does have a positive feel for the first cm of pulling, which im assuming is resetting something inside. If i then go to the outside of the car the handle works and i can open the door.

The strange part about this is if i then press the lock key it will lock all 4 doors but if i press unlock im back to square one.

It does how ever make a strange noise when i press lock on that door.

Any ideas? is this is a adjustment that needs doing or is the lock faulty now? Iv seen a few videos on YouTube about this but none are the same year of car but similar symptoms

Cheers Craig

0 0 0

2. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    I think another member had a similar issue and it needed a replacement lock mechanism
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

3. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    9891IAn Guest
    Edit: missed the bit about not opening from the outside via the handle, so the below may be redundant.

Could try taking the door card off, disconnecting the lock from the wiring harness (push clip) and giving it a clean.

I had an issue with my driver's door and the above, all sorted now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I had the same problem on a 2012 A6 s line avant. Ended up having it repaired under (extended) warranty.

0 0 0

5. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenott View Post
    I had the same problem on a 2012 A6 s line avant. Ended up having it repaired under (extended) warranty.

when you say repaired..what did they replace?

How much is a replacement lock? and does it need coding to the car?

0 0 0

6. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I wish I could tell you. Threw invoices away after the car was rear ended on the M4 and was written off (no one hurt). As I recall it was about £350 but I am not sure..... we just remember being grateful for the extended warranty and it was at an Audi garage.

0 0 0

7. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenott View Post
    I wish I could tell you. Threw invoices away after the car was rear ended on the M4 and was written off (no one hurt). As I recall it was about £350 but I am not sure..... we just remember being grateful for the extended warranty and it was at an Audi garage.

balls that isnt good at all.. I hope thats not the problem. Iv had nothing but problems with this car since i got it..beginning to not like it as much.

0 0 0

8. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think iv found out whats wrong with mine. This video shows exactly what mines doing and why i can do what im doing with it.

0 0 0

9. Re: Central locking - Child lock Malfunction on A6 Estate c7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem resolved. Replaced the rear door lock with one from a breakers yard for £22 and its all working again. Just having issues getting the door card to re-seat at the moment them clips are a ******* to push back in in certain areas.

0 0 0