1. Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Anybody know where the filler overflow pipe goes to. Just toped up Adblue and spilt a little but it did not drain away. So did the wire down the pipe trick, hoping to unblock it but it came to a dead stop at about 3ft !!! So I am assuming the blockage is at the end and the wire is not stiff enough to move it, but where is the end ! Have looked all around the arch area, but unable to locate it. Anybody know where it is !!! Thanks in advance...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

2. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Not sure if FL has the same:
    image.jpg

0 0 0

3. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks. Have had a look there is a clip point but no pipe. You could be correct as had the flap inner replaced several weeks ago due to lock failing, they may not have located it correctly, if so ??????? Or FL may be in a different location. Thanks anyway.

0 0 0

4. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    It might be so that during removal of the assembly the pipe has been drawn off from its proper position either from top end or bottom end. Anyway, the excess fluid shall go somewhere in to the bumper area behind the rear wheel. If you pour water into the pot behind the flap, look where it goes.

0 0 0

5. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    That's the problem, it don't go nowhere just sits there contemplating life. Encouraged it to go with the wire down the pipe but it was happy to just sit there. Even after 10 min no drips anyware if I can locate the end I can let it flow, hopefully... Thanks anyway.

0 0 0

6. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hopefully not going to spare wheel compartment...

0 0 0

7. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    If you look at the picture posted previously, it says the drain pipe is under the wheel arch liner. I would think that you need to remove the liner & reroute the pipe correctly.

0 0 0

8. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Alan Was thinking that, you can see quite a way up between the arch and liner at the rear and no sign of a pipe, if that is where it is routed, can't think of a reason to change the route on FL its still the same body, but they may have. If nobody can come up with a definitive answer I shall block the pipe until I have time to remove the liner, won't cause any damage.

0 0 0

9. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    When my fuel flap solenoid was changed unnecessarily, the overflow pipe was left hanging a couple of inches below the bumper. I was about 200 miles away from the dealer who couldn't explain over the phone how it should fit. I took a look, and guessed that it was held in by the moulded "chicanes" and it has since stayed put. But that's on an allroad. Seeing the image I can see that it's correct, but without having done it myself I wouldn't necessarily have worked that out from the image alone (which could do with a note or a zoom-in).

0 0 0

10. Re: Fule filler overflow pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Checked the document and there is no note(s) associated with this drawing or assembly.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast