Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Thinking of buying a used Q7/SQ7 is there a 2019 facelift due?

1. Thinking of buying a used Q7/SQ7 is there a 2019 facelift due? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Chaps, been browsing for a bit, test drove an SQ7 in May, struggled with the cost to change (£50k!) over my 2014 535s M Sport with a tonne of options (more than the SQ7).

Back looking now and have earmarked a few that I'm interested in but with the car coming up to 3 years old is there a facelift due next year mid way through a 7 year model cycle, if so, it may be worth waiting to buy used at point to avoid a big depreciation hit.

I've scoured the web and cant't find any rumours but just checking?

Many thanks

Jacob

0 0 0

2. Re: Thinking of buying a used Q7/SQ7 is there a 2019 facelift due? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC180 View Post
    Hi Chaps, been browsing for a bit, test drove an SQ7 in May, struggled with the cost to change (£50k!) over my 2014 535s M Sport with a tonne of options (more than the SQ7).

Back looking now and have earmarked a few that I'm interested in but with the car coming up to 3 years old is there a facelift due next year mid way through a 7 year model cycle, if so, it may be worth waiting to buy used at point to avoid a big depreciation hit.

I've scoured the web and cant't find any rumours but just checking?

Many thanks

Jacob
    Hi Jacob and Welcome!

Funny enough @andyhud007 and myself were talking about facelifts last week.

Haven’t come across or heard anything but it can’t be far off. As a random guess its probably been slightly delayed due AUDI having to retool to meet all the new regulations for emissions.

MY19 changes haven’t that I’ve seen been confirmed in the public domain but it would make sense to come with that in fairness - but failing that I would like assume it’s not far off. Probably take some styling cues from new Q8 and possibly Q3 but I have no ideas

0 0 0

3. Re: Thinking of buying a used Q7/SQ7 is there a 2019 facelift due? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, I posted in another non-car forum and someone responded as follows:-

"Well, that is kind of the point that you won't find any information on the web and no Audi sales guy (or a "Car wow" telesales kid) is going to tell you either! I know this as my business is in the sector and we have the Audi contacts to gain this inside information for our own clients to make a considered decision.

It is a mid life refresh and with current regulations (which the governments/EU do like to keep changing....) which mean most manufacturers are all moving to shorter product terms for their ranges.

With the Q7, for example, you will see the SE become the Sport and gains some extra kit (reverse camera for one) to help partially offset the 2019 price increase too. The S-Line will get Air Suspension as standard and there are some new exterior colours too. There will be some other spec/minor changes and that will include the engine offerings as well. The Q7 e-Tron will be discontinued for 2019 as well.

HTH."

0 0 0

4. Re: Thinking of buying a used Q7/SQ7 is there a 2019 facelift due? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC180 View Post
    Thanks for that, I posted in another non-car forum and someone responded as follows:-

"Well, that is kind of the point that you won't find any information on the web and no Audi sales guy (or a "Car wow" telesales kid) is going to tell you either! I know this as my business is in the sector and we have the Audi contacts to gain this inside information for our own clients to make a considered decision.

It is a mid life refresh and with current regulations (which the governments/EU do like to keep changing....) which mean most manufacturers are all moving to shorter product terms for their ranges.

With the Q7, for example, you will see the SE become the Sport and gains some extra kit (reverse camera for one) to help partially offset the 2019 price increase too. The S-Line will get Air Suspension as standard and there are some new exterior colours too. There will be some other spec/minor changes and that will include the engine offerings as well. The Q7 e-Tron will be discontinued for 2019 as well.

HTH."
    Above all therefore sounds like usual MY19 discontinuation and upgrades and no styling tweaks.

But it can’t be far off as first few Mark 2 Q7s were 15 or 65 plates?

However Q7 e-Tron being discontinued isn’t something I’d have expected? Maybe they just haven’t sold that well or clearing the way for the new Audi e-Tron which I nearly did put a deposit down for

0 0 0

5. Re: Thinking of buying a used Q7/SQ7 is there a 2019 facelift due? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I found the following visualisation: http://www.autozeitung.de/neue-suv-a...9.html?image=6
    As some rumours say new Q7 will have also Q8 electronic dashboard. My Audi dealer has already couple of Q8 on the stock and they told me that Q7 and Q8 dashboard's dimensions are exactly the same. Let's see...

0 0 0