Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markellis View Post
    Yup think that the same problem as I have. Both the Audi app and Google maps appear to be sending to be sending and I can actually see destinations sent from Google in the Audi app but when I try to download in the car I receive “The data connection could not be opened. The server is not responding.” yet everything else is working just fine Traffic ( with some odd continuous / fictitious traffic diverts) , Petrol prices, Google Earth which suggests that data connection is good for public data and that the server is missing or my car is not authenticated against myaccout (private) on the server. Iv been trying to get to a Master Tec but they are on training courses or failing to ring back suggesting they don't know or worst case don't care!
    That is exactly the same problem that I had on the very first day that I set up the account. It never did work.

Eventually along with the sales person in Oxford Audi we had a long discussion with the Audi Connect Expert and we started all over again.

Using yet another email account (NOT the one used previously) we started from scratch with a new password. This was done by the "Expert" who created a completely new Audi Connect account (with your VIN) on the NEW SERVER.
    I cannot remember exactly how the procedure goes (it is my age and I forget easily ), but codes are sent again to you at the new email address and these details are put in the car with new email address and away you go. It now all works perfectly with the myAudi app, and also resolving the "data connection problem" and the "server not responding" messages. You will know it is resolved properly when you see your name as the user in the car. The only thing that does not work with the NEW SERVER is the "send to car" from google maps. This is an ongoing problem that could be addressed in the future.

I do not think it appropriate to post a guys name all over the forum, so I will send you a PM with the name of the guy in Audi Customer Services who is the only person who fully understands all the fine detail if you have problems with the linking of the car with your account and of course the myAudi app. You will have to be pedantic with customer services and ask to have a Case number and ask when the guy is next at his desk, so you can get the walk through the procedure so to speak.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

2. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I did get a call back from the local Audi dealer who is offering to diagnose the problem for £60 with further fee for fixing! I have had an Email back from Customer Services saying it is a known problem with Audi Germany Servers and to keep watching out for further news........ so a little inconsistent or poorly communicated or even not understood.

And thanks for the info in your PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I spent 15 mins going through the issue with Yeovil Audi Connect Technician, including demonstrating that the car could communicate with the Audi servers for traffic, weather etc. Then he decided he needed to plug it into the diagnostics computer. After 90 mins he came back and said that everything looked fine on that (everything flashed green that should have flashed green apparently). He'd also done a hard reset (tone, top right and centre buttons simultaneously - but to no avail) We then had another discussion - I asked if other customers had experienced the same problem but he said he'd not seen it, partly because the MMI on my Dec'16 Q3 (and a few A6s) is the old 3G+ version. I said the the Connect Expert at Customer Services had told me that it wasn't designed for 3G but he said the old version wasn't designed for 4G and would never work with 4G. (so much for the so-called expert). The tech also said that there'd been RMC, MIB, MIB2 and MIB2+ versions of the MMI since mine was developed so perhaps the "Expert" was referring to one of those. He's going to contact technical support then get back to me.

I did say that in the grand scheme of things, ie relative to all the world's / county's problems, it wasn't such a big dal but that said, having the capability of sending destinations from my desktop in particular but also my phone to the car was one of the reasons I chose the Q3 with the Technology Pack. He said that most Q3s do not have the capability of inserting a SIM card for data in the way mine does so it could be a relatively rare issue. He also said that the app developers and the techs are totally separate - that figures - so probably don't know what each other are doing. I did say that it's ironic that Audi trades on it's advanced technology reputation but can't sort this out.

My wife has a basic Skoda an dash mount for her iPhone - much more reliable and better value for money. Finally, he did say that in the terms & conditions there's a statement about Audi having the right to turn off the service. My response was that I' have the right to buy a car from someone else next time. Brexit permitting, I might go for a BMW next time.

I'm beginning to form the view that I bought a new Q3 with an old (3G) system. Someone, somewhere Audi (perhaps a server admin or developer) has updated something without realizing that there are still cars out there running the old system. They've effectively turned it off. Some of the suggestions on this forum may work for newer cars and/or different models. At this rate I'm going to have learned all the hjighways and bye-ways around my new neighbourhood before Audi fix the problem.

0 0 0

4. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markellis View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I did get a call back from the local Audi dealer who is offering to diagnose the problem for £60 with further fee for fixing! I have had an Email back from Customer Services saying it is a known problem with Audi Germany Servers and to keep watching out for further news........ so a little inconsistent or poorly communicated or even not understood.

And thanks for the info in your PM.
    Seriously? Charge £60 for a free service from Customer Services.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

5. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frithwood View Post
    Seriously? Charge £60 for a free service from Customer Services.
    Ah no £60 is how much the local dealer (who called me back) will charge should I go ahead and plug their computer in and run the diagnostics on the car. When I would expect no fault found.

0 0 0

6. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Frithwood,

I'm trying to follow your steps but please could you explain how you linked your new account to the car's MMI (step 2b)?. I remember entering a PIN the first time but don't ee that option now so perhaps it's a one off ()othe rthan it used to ask me for it again every couple of months).

The "expert" when tryinmg to run me through the process was obviously referring to a different MMI set up to mine and I wonder if yours is different to mine too - I don't see any capability to log in when opening up Audi Connect from the main MMI menu.

0 0 0

7. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedr057 View Post
    Frithwood,

I'm trying to follow your steps but please could you explain how you linked your new account to the car's MMI (step 2b)?. I remember entering a PIN the first time but don't ee that option now so perhaps it's a one off ()othe rthan it used to ask me for it again every couple of months).

The "expert" when tryinmg to run me through the process was obviously referring to a different MMI set up to mine and I wonder if yours is different to mine too - I don't see any capability to log in when opening up Audi Connect from the main MMI menu.
    Linkage of the MMI in the car to your audi account is the basic fundamental part of making this whole thing work. It is done in one of the menus in the car. If you have already done it with the PIN, then all should be fine. Do you not see yourself as a user in the car? I am off out all day, so will look again at the menu and see if I can be more specific.
    Note. You can login again using your email address and password or your PIN. If you have logged in previously, then you should be able to see the PIN number in the myAudi app. It could be you have a different MMI and what I am saying does not make sense.

0 0 0

8. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I did try deleting the car from my myAusi account and deleted the app from my phone, then signing up for a new myAudi account with a different email ID. Although I can log in on a desktop OK, now I can't even log in on the myAudi app - keeps saying username or password are incorrect. I give up.

0 0 0

9. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedr057 View Post
    I did try deleting the car from my myAusi account and deleted the app from my phone, then signing up for a new myAudi account with a different email ID. Although I can log in on a desktop OK, now I can't even log in on the myAudi app - keeps saying username or password are incorrect. I give up.
    I cannot be sure, but I think you now have to link the new account to the car again. This is where the PIN number comes in (I think). I would suggest you contact Customer Services again because they are switching from the old server to a new one and will talk you through the process. This is where the "the expert" we discussed previously MUST be contacted. Have you had an email similar to the attachment?
    You need to look in your account to ensure you are linked. See...link.

There again the problem may be to do with the different MMI system you have.

I forgot to ask, have you used the site below to create the new user account? Note. It is very slow, and I could only get it to work completely with the Windows 10 browser. Firefox hangs part way through!

https://my.audi.com/
    myAudi-email.jpgmyAudi-Site-url.jpg

0 0 0

10. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hi guys, so how widely this issue spreads?

I can't access online destinations from MMI menu for at least a month. Says can't connect to the server.
    All other online features are working, online traffic, etc. No issues with SIM/data connection (tried 2 different SIMs).

Was calling to Audi support, they have no clue what I was talking about...

Just in case, I've got A6 MY12, MMI 3G+

IMG_20180908_141727.jpg

0 0 0

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast