1. Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I've been using this feature occasionally for 18 months and sometimes I get this message on GM when trying to send a destination to the car, "We were unable to send this destination. Please try again." Over the last three weeks it hasn't worked once so I'm beginning to think there may be a problem with Audi's server (or whatever bit of kit it goes through en route from my PC to my Q3's MMI). I am using points of interest, not a dropped pin.

In the last 24 hours, I've tried re-installing it but failed miserably as I can't make any sense of the conflicting instructions (depending on which link you follow in my audi). For example, the difference between the different PINs etc; it says there should be a 10-digit vehicle code on the opaque security tab but mine has three letters and four digits; what's a key user and do I need to sign a contract to be one before I regain full functionality? (I don't recall doing this the first time 18 months ago so suspect Audi may have moved the goal posts).

Does anyone have a clear, concise set of instructions? I'm beginning to wish I'd bought a tablet / ipad with sim instead!

0 0 0

2. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    No longer supported I'm afraid to say. Which is pretty cr*p really. This Audi tech is getting worse. Street view doesn't work anymore and now this:

Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

3. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    pxr5,

Thanks for responding - I was fearing that might be the case.

I can't seem to bring up the "send destination to car" function in MyAudi on their website either - have they stopped supporting this too?

0 0 0

4. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Google send destination to car back up and working on my A6 2012 as of today Oct 2018

0 0 0

5. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markellis View Post
    Google send destination to car back up and working on my A6 2012 as of today Oct 2018
    Mine not working still

Tried recreating the car in Google too but no joy.

It is however a different message to what it gave previously

"We couldn’t communicate with your automaker. Please contact them for assistance."

0 0 0

6. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Is your MyAudi account working or indeed set up? You might try setting it up again having deleted your car and reentered the detail myaudi.com My understanding is Google cant see your MyAudi account given the message "We couldn’t communicate with your automaker. Please contact them for assistance." I suspect if you reset (as above) it will all start working again as Google might be "pointing" at a server that no longer exists. Worth a try ???

0 0 0

7. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Yes, all my functionality apart from send from Google Maps from PC was working previously.

If I click edit under the Google Maps send to device I can see that I have one car, an Audi tied against my email address as the account or device ID. I can delete and re add as required that's ok. What appeared to freak out the system before hand was the @ symbol before as some people had changed it to not the email address.

Turning to the Audi side, I will try adding and removing my car but send to car should not be one car specific. It's send to myAudi so if you had more than one car it would appear with them all.

0 0 0

8. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The MMI Connect app does still work sending destinations to the car - used it the other day so at least this works. Fine if you have a smart phone - not so good if not. Seems like losing features is becoming the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

9. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    El-Cap,

Do you mean the My Audi app? If so, I've tried that but it won't let me log in and I'm sure my username and password are correct as I use them on the web version on my PC.

0 0 0

10. Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Sometimes I'm able to log in, but some former features are missing and the send address via my audi became useless, as the system doesn't send the address to the car, but it stores the city name for the address.

Honestly, this is not a premium service for a lots of money spent for this, but a useless junk.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast