Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Polo 1.4 S 2002. Harmonic tone when starting ignition and driving?

1. Polo 1.4 S 2002. Harmonic tone when starting ignition and driving? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I'm new here so be gentle with me.

I have a question about my VW Polo 1.4 2002. Sometimes when I start the ignition the car makes a single harmonic bleep sound however no warning lights stay on the dash. It also happens sometimes while driving but again there is no light on dash to indicate why its bleeping at me. It doesn't happen every time but it happens enough to annoy me.

I have also noticed that the "brake wear monitor" light doesn't come on with the other lights when starting ignition but it should. If i remove the fuse for the dash and reinsert it and then start ignition, the first time after removing and reinserting the fuse the tone doesn't come on and the "brake wear monitor" light appears and goes out as it should, but then every time after the "break wear monitor" light doesn't appear when it should and again the bleep noise happens.

Anyone have any idea? I have tried plugging it a fault code reader but nothing comes up.

0 0 0

2. Re: Polo 1.4 S 2002. Harmonic tone when starting ignition and driving? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Is it the same type of bleep you get when you pull the hand brake on and the car is still moving ? Does your handbrake dash light come on when the handbrake is pulled on

0 0 0

3. Re: Polo 1.4 S 2002. Harmonic tone when starting ignition and driving? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've not heard the bleep when putting handbreak on with car in motion tbh. However my handbreak dash light does work as required. I don't think the tone is related to the handbreak though.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Ignition failure whilst driving
    By shaunyprawn in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-02-2017, 10:03 AM
  2. Please Help A4 54 reg - Ignition cutting out while driving
    By em2010 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 03:53 PM
  3. Please Help 2002 Polo 1.4 Petrol Intermittent Non Starting
    By Rollo Tomasi in forum Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox