1. Retro fitting Rear View Camera 2017 Sportback 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im looking for some help in retro fitting a rear view camera to a 2017 Sportback
    I've replaced the original trunk handle and routed the cables but the only wiring instructions I was supplied are as follows

Blue 12 PIN Quadlock Connector 035 447

Cable No1 - Pin no.12
    Cable No2 - Pin no. 6
    Orange Cable - CAN High
    Brown Cable - CAN Low
    Red Cable - +12v
    Black Cable - GND

I've found all the other points except the CAN high and CAN low
    As these come with spades to insert into connectors I'm guessing that there a space in an existing block for these
    Somewhere in the rear trunk / boot

Any help gratefully recieved

I have full VCDS so am able to code the camera once the cabling is sorted

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dulux72; 09-08-2018 at 07:47 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Retro fitting Rear View Camera 2017 Sportback 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, if its anything like the previous model of A5 and other models that can have a rear camera, there is a seperate camera control module which the camera plugs into and sends the camera feed to the head unit via a coxial cable with a fakra connector. Hence I don't think its as easy as just getting the camera and swapping over the handle. There has to be some video conversation done, hence the electronic control module. The control module takes the CAN H and CAN L cables and passes them to the CAN controller, allowing you to communicate and configure the camera module with VCDS. In the old model the module was in the boot offset rear panel. If you remove the panel there is a series of other modules and fuses located there. The module I'm assuming would be in a similar place.

0 0 0

3. Re: Retro fitting Rear View Camera 2017 Sportback 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at the wiring diagram the control using it built into the rear camera, the Fakra still has to run from it though. The CAN connections in the diagram go to J533 from J772 which is the Camera control unit, the camera in this case.

Reversing Camera.jpg

0 0 0