Hi all. I've been looking for a family car and come from a late e60 530d M-sport. I've had a good browse and even considered a 5 series estate but wanted something more unique and a pleasure to drive in pure comfort. I'm 29 with two cute little monsters both under 2. I didn't want to look like a right dad, or even, a grandad. I've driven my 530d super fast whenever possible, I've replaced the rear tyres 3 times a year - yep I like speed and cornering and all the fun stuff. However it was simply impractical to fit a double pushchair in it...

Test drove an S-Line B8 A4 Avant for 3 months (friend went away and gave me his car), but it wasn't me. Didn't like the normal non sporty looks (SE) of Audi and BMW either.

This weekend I test drove a C6 A6 facelift Allroad and bought it! It's a 3.0 TDi Quattro with adaptive air suspension. Oh my god, I love the car. I don't do any heavy offroading, however occasionally go on country side or some rural areas, forest picnics and stuff. Simply love the car.

First of all, I can't say a lot in two days ownership, however it feels bigger than my 5 series, it is more comfortable to drive, the adaptive suspension are absolutely awesome (love comfort mode), it looks great from any angle. The distinctive Allroad looks are cool. I have more toys than I did in the 530d. It is also quick in straights if needs to be, but more importantly it has a huge boot and is rather rare. I've not seen one on the roads in years!