1. SD card not recognised 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi all. Just traded in my 2015 FL A6 for a new Q5 with all the technology bells and whistles. Everything looks good but when I transferred my SD card from the A6 to the Q5 I got a message saying the card isn’t recognised. It was working OK yesterday and can be read OK on my Mac, but not in my new car.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Q5 S-line 2.0TDi, Daytona, Tour Pack, Technology Pack, Matrix headlights, Advanced Parking Pack, Enhanced lighting pack.

0 0 0

2. Re: SD card not recognised 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    All I'd suggest is format the card.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

3. Re: SD card not recognised 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    How big is the sdcard. Some readers struggle with the high capacity cards.

0 0 0

4. Re: SD card not recognised 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Are you talking about an SD card with music on it, or sat Nav data ? If music it could well be the file format, FL A6 will not accept iTunes format so it would have been changed to another format to be played' but the new car may not accept that format so may need changing. Hope this is of assistance...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: SD card not recognised 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    First thing I'd do is to verify that the SD card reader in the new Q5 actually works. I assume when you say "new" you mean factory fresh new... would not be the first new vehicle to ship with a defective component.
    If other cards work in the car then try transferring the data from your old SD card to a card that works.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

6. Re: SD card not recognised 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your advice. It's now working after backing up all my files, reformatting the card then rewriting the files back to the card. Doesn't make sense, but it worked,
    2018 Q5 S-line 2.0TDi, Daytona, Tour Pack, Technology Pack, Matrix headlights, Advanced Parking Pack, Enhanced lighting pack.

0 0 0