Hi all. Have not been on VWAF since moving on my B6 a few years ago.
I have jumped on here today to ask you guys a favour.
my youngest has an 08 Phaeton 3.0 diesel. He is in the military and is away on deployment. He has left his old dad with the simple task of putting his P&J through service and MOT that become due while he is away.
A quick perusal of the beast tells me that A) there is no fuel in it- of course- kids eh? And B) he has a bulb failure warning lamp illuminated. On walking round it turns out it is the drivers side sidelight bulb out. Easy job thinks I, pop the bonnet up reach in and change the bulb. Not so easy it seems. I did not have a lot of time so after removing air ducting, loosening and moving away some other bits and bobs to find I could still not reach the back of it I had to put it back together to tackle it another day. It seems a shame to put it in for test knowing it will fail on something as silly as a failed sidelight bulb. I would also like to perhaps avoid a big bill for him if maybe the bumper has to come off!!.
So I am asking is there an easy way to change this bulb?. On my Jag XK the headlight unit had to come out to change bulbs but this is dead easy once you know how....any similar tricks and tips you can advise me of relating to the Phaeton would be greatly appreciated👍