Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 25annigolf View Post
    any info on the welds breaking on the pedal box causing stiff gear change
    I think this is a common problem with Polo and Seat Ibiza... only solution is to replace the pedal box
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

3. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The pedal box fails due to the clutch going heavy so you will also need to replace the clutch as if you don't, the new pedal box will also fail.

0 0 0

4. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how much is a pedal box to buy
    engine code akk for a seat ibiza 1.4 cool w reg
    and where can i get one?

0 0 0

5. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think the part number is 6K2 721 115 D and they cost £74 from a Seat dealer.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers crasher
    managed to get hold of seat warrington before the parts guy left he confirmed 70 plus VAT, hopefully i can get it tomorrow
    its a pig of a job to get at though
    how do you change it out?

0 0 0

7. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The worst part is removing the security shear bolts, once you have those out the rest is plain sailing. The first one I did took me six hours of swearing, now I can do them in three but Matt (my other chap) can do them a little quicker and being as he is twenty years younger than me his body doesn’t hurt so much after spending a good two hours upside down.

Did you make sure that the part number I quoted was correct?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The worst part is removing the security shear bolts, once you have those out the rest is plain sailing. The first one I did took me six hours of swearing, now I can do them in three but Matt (my other chap) can do them a little quicker and being as he is twenty years younger than me his body doesn’t hurt so much after spending a good two hours upside down.

Did you make sure that the part number I quoted was correct?
    I live in Northampton anyone in northampton who can replace the pedal box on my polo 1.4 Match 2000 reg

0 0 0

9. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    westie383 Guest
    I've just had the same job done on my wife's 2001 Polo Match. The parts quoted above seem a bit steep as, looking on my invoice, the pedal box was £32.22, plus about £2 for two bolts & two bumbers - can't remember what they were for, but something to do with the rebuild. What I did have to have replaced was the brake pedal (£22.02) as I was told that, even using a VW extraction tool there a some hard plastic fittings around the pedal which break. Labour was three hours & all-up price was £294.34, so not too bad, although I did see the old parts and the pedal box welds on the original box are really crap - for the sake of a few more inches of weld VW have yet again engineered-in p*** poor design which must cost thousands of £'s to owners throughout the world in Polo's, Lupo's, Seat's etc. Also had the gearbox selector shaft oil seal done at the same time as this had gone and was leaking oil like a grounded tanker.. Next job is to get the clutch done (£295 ish), before the new pedal box goes the same way.

0 0 0

10. Re: polo pedal box failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    They could have saved about £20 by ordering the pedal clip insert from a Golf 3, fits perfectly and cost £4, part number 1H2 721 169.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast