1. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Surely if the supplementary water pump had failed the main mechanical waterpump would be enough to keep the car from overheating. Would low battery output be enough to throw off the supplementary pump hence why higher revs it sometimes helps it, with the alternator charging faster?

0 0 0

2. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem, I have golf 6 1,6 tdi 2010, my car overheat at idle to around 110 -120Celsius and when I’m on the highway it keeps between 95-105 Celsius
    I changed water pump, thermostat valve but nothing changed the macha it’s have no idea what it can be. Did you manage to resolve yours ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    When the car is overheating at idle (that's a particularly odd occurance), do the cooling fans come on?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes the cooling fan is on most of the time but what I discovered last night is that the radiator is cold all the time it doesn’t heat up even when my car is overheating

0 0 0

5. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The mechanics are very confused each one ask me to change a different thing ... I would really appreciate if anyone could help me here

0 0 0

6. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Have you checked the supplementary electric water pump is running?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Exclamation Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi

I have exactly the same problem on my Seat Altea 1.6TDI 105 CAYC year 2010 .Engine overheats after 15/20 minutes of driving and the fan is always on.
    I'm a mechanic, I have already replaced the thermostat valve, the main water pump, the 2 temperature sensors, the coolant several times, opened and checked the secondary (electric) pump works perfectly. I don't think it is the head or the gasket, I have no oil marks in the water or water in the oil, I have no water consumption.

Nobody knows anything ???

I'm going crazy.

sorry my english

0 0 0

8. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The cooling fan is always on? Do you see the overheat on the gauge? Have you cross check the value in measuring blocks?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    After the engine warms up, the fan turns on and remains on practically all the time. Yes, I see the temperature indicator go up. I also looked at the temperatures with the diagnostic device, the sensors work correctly, I replaced them anyway. I think it's something partially blocked. On the highway with the temperature at 110 degrees if I go up to constant 4000rpm in third at about 120kmh the temperature drops below 90 degrees. I read in a Spanish forum a similar case that was the interior radiator clogged, I will try to bypass it ...

0 0 0

10. Re: Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI Overheating issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    I know you have changed the main water pump, but it sounds like the impellor is loose on the pump shaft.

If you disconnect the small hose at the top of the coolant pressure vessel there should be a flow when the engine is running.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast