Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    If it’s simply a part replacement do you think it’ll be a special order part? Trying to get a view on when I can expect it back?

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Tech, trailer, Style pack
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My guess as I have no idea how simple to change - but let’s say they look at it tues - order the part and in stock - should arrive Weds, and then I guess with you by end of week? Pure and simple guess work and speculation tho...

0 0 0

2. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    My thinking, let’s hope so.

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels

0 0 0

3. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Had a call from Audi today and they’ve found the problem. It’s nothing to do with my car actually but isolated the problem to the Thinkware camera installed by Chameleon on the 23rd.

Essentially the installer used the start/stop circuit and it’s blown when at the motorway junction

I spoke to Audi and they clearly are looking to test some more. I’ve spoken to chameleon and they have been great initially.

I’m awaiting images etc from Audi who I’m sure will look to recover costs of recovery and diagnosis/ repair

I’m pretty annoyed that this has happened and also the inconvenience of my whole weekend being wasted including my kids being I. Shock following being stranded on a major junction

Any advice?

Andy

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels

0 0 0

4. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    Had a call from Audi today and they’ve found the problem. It’s nothing to do with my car actually but isolated the problem to the Thinkware camera installed by Chameleon on the 23rd.

Essentially the installer used the start/stop circuit and it’s blown when at the motorway junction

I spoke to Audi and they clearly are looking to test some more. I’ve spoken to chameleon and they have been great initially.

I’m awaiting images etc from Audi who I’m sure will look to recover costs of recovery and diagnosis/ repair

I’m pretty annoyed that this has happened and also the inconvenience of my whole weekend being wasted including my kids being I. Shock following being stranded on a major junction

Any advice?

Andy

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels
    Interesting if a bit worrying given I have the same setup - albeit bound to be a different installer so he may have done it differently. When you have some details as to how it was wired would you mind posting / PM me please. Did you have any odd symptoms with the dashcam power?

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    No obvious power issues as I have a backup battery

The issue occurred when the car tried to start at lights and blew a fuse due to loading

I’m super annoyed with the guy

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels

0 0 0

6. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Will post everything I get

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels

0 0 0

7. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    This was posted by a forum member and shows his fuse box

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels

0 0 0

8. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Whats the latest on this Andy? As per the other thread (I think) there is lots of documentation in Audi literature that says dont "f-about" with the Start/Stop circuit and this is clearly a reason why

What annoys me from a retrofit perspective is there are a bunch of empty fuse slots.. just stick a fuse pin in a spare one with its own dedicated 5Amp fuse and there is your power to your camera.. I've done exactly that for mine and the tracker.

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

9. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Got my car back, cost me two hours Labour. Thankfully the assist people are not pursuing costs.

Chameleon are not accepting liability until their engineer has assessed the work, which is BS as Audi unplugged it and it fired in to life after replacing the fuse which the retrofit has blown.

I will pursue this through all channels.

After Chameleon verbally apologising etc I think they’re starting to act less customer centric.

Not sure that I want this solution so again may be requesting a refund?

What do people think

Andy

Q7 S Line 272 MY18
    Dayton Grey pearl
    Reversing camera
    21 inch Sport Wheels

0 0 0

10. Re: Oh dear. Fuel pump failed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Personally I'd get someone else to sort it out for you who actually cares about what they are doing and get some sort of compensation from the installers then tell them to jog on.

It's easy to do properly if they took 30 minutes longer.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast