Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
    OK I could create new location with myAudi. I have not try the car yet to retrive the location.

Here is the screen in Hungarian but the icons should be same:
    Attachment 35133
    This works for me, tried Monday and MMI saw the location.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I emailed Audi. This is their reply..
    “Regarding the sending destination, this feature is no longer supported, however if you sign into your Google Account on your phone, you can send the destination from the app to your vehicle.”

They’re right, I can use google maps on my phone and share destination with MyAudi app and then send to car. Not quite as slick, seems a step backwards, but it does work.
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nilli View Post
    I emailed Audi. This is their reply..
    “Regarding the sending destination, this feature is no longer supported, however if you sign into your Google Account on your phone, you can send the destination from the app to your vehicle.”

They’re right, I can use google maps on my phone and share destination with MyAudi app and then send to car. Not quite as slick, seems a step backwards, but it does work.
    Thanks for the information. But what a load of rubbish. "no longer supported" - why not??. And yes, the share to myaudi works of a fashion. It'll work if you enter an address and share it. But say a hospital, or other POI, it comes up with sharing failed. A poor system has just become even poorer. I've never used other manufacturer's systems (BMW, Jag, Mercedes etc.), are they all going this way too?
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi pxr5, I’m emailing Audi but it takes them 3 days to respond...something else which is a bit rubbish when Tesco can respond in minutes. I didn’t know about the POI issue but I’ll mention it in my next response to them. I’m actually emailing them about the myAudi telling me I’m not the main user and I can’t see any car information (battery, door lock etc) and I wondered if the google maps issue was related. Seems it’s not.
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Car manufacturers need to follow Tesla’s lead with the over the air updates.

Not updating the incar system since the factory is not acceptable nowadays. Not to mention having functionality deprecated on a car less than 3 years old.
    Former Q7 owner

0 2 0

6. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Well, just tried to send a destination to my car from Google maps again (on my work PC) and it worked fine. So the statement about it "no longer being supported" isn't quite correct is it Audi?
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Yep, you're right. It's working for me too now.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    I use the MMI Connect app on my phone, and it still sends destinations to the car without issues. Might be worth considering?

MF.
    Agreed. This is the one way to get it to work at the moment on my 2017 Q5 S line TFSI.

There is another way. You can also install google maps on your phone, find the place you want to, and then share it with the myAudi app.
    It is a bit of a long way round to achieve what is already available to you directly from myAudi app.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Here is the latest update from Audi Customer Services.....

Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your email in relation to the myAudi Portal.

The only way to send the destination to the car from google Maps to the vehicle is to link your google account to the myAudi Portal. This is a facility that has not transferred over to the new website. I have emailed our Administration Team who work the myAudi portal to see if they have an estimation of when this facility will come back onto the portal.

I have posed the question before and it seems this is the only way to send destinations to the vehicle. As there is no facility to link the google account to the myAudi portal at the moment, then this isn’t something that can be done. Once I have a response, I will email you and advise if there is any further information available.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
    Email customer.services@audi.co.uk

I have spoken to the guy several times and In a nutshell he is saying :

If you are registered on the old website, it will still work. If you have been registered on the new one it will NOT until they have sorted the programming out.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    Well, just tried to send a destination to my car from Google maps again (on my work PC) and it worked fine. So the statement about it "no longer being supported" isn't quite correct is it Audi?
    Yes, it is correct if you are still registered and operating from the OLD Server.

Here is the response that a posted on a similar thread from Audi Customer Services yesterday when I queried them on the problem...
    Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your email in relation to the myAudi Portal.

The only way to send the destination to the car from google Maps to the vehicle is to link your google account to the myAudi Portal. This is a facility that has not transferred over to the new website. I have emailed our Administration Team who work the myAudi portal to see if they have an estimation of when this facility will come back onto the portal.

I have posed the question before and it seems this is the only way to send destinations to the vehicle. As there is no facility to link the google account to the myAudi portal at the moment, then this isn’t something that can be done. Once I have a response, I will email you and advise if there is any further information available.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
    Email customer.services@audi.co.uk

I have spoken to the guy several times and In a nutshell he is saying :

If you are registered on the old website, it will still work. If you have been registered on the new one it will NOT until they have sorted the programming out.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast