1. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    No longer working on Old WEB site ... my current status.

MYAudi Connect Send Destination Current state of play:
    Deleted “old grey” Audi iPhone App.
    Opened “new red” Audi iPhone app (which shows my user agreement number)
    Deleted my car and re added my car to my account
    Received a new pin to be entered in to car
    MMI online via 3G sim and after requesting destination download (Blue – white) , challenged with ENTER PIN (green)
    Entered new pin in car with MMI online via 3G sim (green)
    Car responded (online) PIN correct (spinning wheel graphic (green))
    Back to Blue and white screen and “The data connection could not be opened The server is not responding. = No destination download.
    Desktop MyAudi web (setup-service) where the PIN is provided has a done checkbox and next button which when entered promotes “Audi connect not yet set up” and the even more helpful “Audi connect services can only be used after successful setup”
    There is no logical rout from here other than the back button which allows you to do the whole thing over again with the same route.
    I can only conclude the server is misconfigured or my account has expired. Strangely I am receiving the other services Traffic, Weather, News and Car parks.
    If Connect is to become a paid for service nobody I have managed to get to in three Audi dealerships or indeed Audi customer services, knows how much and how to charge for them, that is assuming I had a trial period which has expired (without notice or request for subscription) and just happens to coincide with Audi’s systems makeover. Whatever is going on its rather shambolic.
    Will have one more go at getting Reading Audi’s MMI Master Tec to respond the I’m going to Audi Milton Keynes ! (Probably using Tom Tom)

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markellis View Post
    No longer working on Old WEB site ... my current status.

MYAudi Connect Send Destination Current state of play:
    Deleted “old grey” Audi iPhone App.
    Opened “new red” Audi iPhone app (which shows my user agreement number)
    Deleted my car and re added my car to my account
    Received a new pin to be entered in to car
    MMI online via 3G sim and after requesting destination download (Blue – white) , challenged with ENTER PIN (green)
    Entered new pin in car with MMI online via 3G sim (green)
    Car responded (online) PIN correct (spinning wheel graphic (green))
    Back to Blue and white screen and “The data connection could not be opened The server is not responding. = No destination download.
    Desktop MyAudi web (setup-service) where the PIN is provided has a done checkbox and next button which when entered promotes “Audi connect not yet set up” and the even more helpful “Audi connect services can only be used after successful setup”
    There is no logical rout from here other than the back button which allows you to do the whole thing over again with the same route.
    I can only conclude the server is misconfigured or my account has expired. Strangely I am receiving the other services Traffic, Weather, News and Car parks.
    If Connect is to become a paid for service nobody I have managed to get to in three Audi dealerships or indeed Audi customer services, knows how much and how to charge for them, that is assuming I had a trial period which has expired (without notice or request for subscription) and just happens to coincide with Audi’s systems makeover. Whatever is going on its rather shambolic.
    Will have one more go at getting Reading Audi’s MMI Master Tec to respond the I’m going to Audi Milton Keynes ! (Probably using Tom Tom)
    1. When you say "No longer working on Old WEB site", have you tried on the NEW WEB site? I am using the latest Q5 MKII S line 2.0 litre TFSI with latest MMI, so this might not be relevant to you, but if you are getting no further forward, then it has to be worth a try on the new site. It worked for me, except that "send to" in Google maps does not work, because the software writers have not written the code for it yet. See my other posts.
    2. Procedure and prerequisite:
    a. Get yourself a new email address. A gmail.com one worked for me.
    b. Clear your browser cache completely. THIS IS VERY important, because you are always going to go to the new server address see 2.d.
    c. Delete the myAudi app from your phone.
    d. Go to myAudi myAudi and register and enter the car's details again along with the new email address see 2.a.
    e. Re-install the myAudi app once you have successfully finished 2.d. I have had to do this twice because of bugs. I know this because I am a beta tester for it!
    3. If this does not work, you need to speak to the guy who is the "expert" on this set up procedure. You should not expect the rest of the customer services people to know what to do, because they are not IT savy enough. I will send you his name by PM.
    4. The chances are that the people in Reading and Milton Keynes are not experienced enough to sort out problems/bugs if procedures do NOT go according to plan. I did it with a guy in Marshall's Audi Oxford and it worked.
    5. See photos for successful installation....
    Attached Images
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    All valid points all of which I have carried out with the exception of changing email address, but I will try this before following up on you kind PM. You are correct in that I am running 2012 A6 with firmware updated as of Dec 2017. To download online destination I used the thumb wheel to Connect on line and then scroll down to online destinations and hit enter but that has stopped working so either authentication or configuration is my belief.
    see pictures 123. connected.JPGconnect send to car.JPG1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markellis View Post
    All valid points all of which I have carried out with the exception of changing email address, but I will try this before following up on you kind PM. You are correct in that I am running 2012 A6 with firmware updated as of Dec 2017. To download online destination I used the thumb wheel to Connect on line and then scroll down to online destinations and hit enter but that has stopped working so either authentication or configuration is my belief.
    see pictures 123. connected.JPGconnect send to car.JPG1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG
    Humm. It does not look promising!

One further comment. This may not apply to you, but one further thing to try. Initially,after setting up the new account, I could not get the connection to the car. I kept getting ("The server is not responding" similar type of message), although it said vehicle linked in the account exactly the same as you show. I felt it was because I live in a low mobile signal area with drop outs it needed a good connection first time for initial configuration in the car, so I went and sat next to a mobile mast about 5 miles away and it worked straight away. After this it has been OK except when in mid Wales 2 weeks ago when I had to resort to my normal input of selecting an address in the Sat Nav normal map, instead of being automatically logged in and using google map with myAudi contacts. I hope this makes sense?
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    On the way home from work today and I tested out the online destinations. Before I left I added a random street from Google Maps on my work PC 'Send to Car'. That worked fine (which has been the only thing in this saga that didn't work for me). Then in my car I selected Navigation and 'Call up dest. from MyAudi Account'. The server loaded immediately and the new street I loaded earlier was there. I'm still using my original account and never attempted to create a new one as detailed above. I'm not sure what is meant by old/new server, but it all works fine for me.

As an aside to all this. On my Android phone I have 3 Audi apps: MMI Connect, MyAudi and one called 'mobile'. This app is much the better of the 3 and I can do all the functions I need from one place. A screen to the left of this allows a manual sync to the MyAudi servers too. It's not on the Google playstore anymore and assume it's been replaced by MyAudi. But it's much better to use. Once I replace my phone I only hope I can still get it:

From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    I'm not sure what is meant by old/new server, but it all works fine for me.
    Being able to "Send to car" from google maps means you are still on the OLD server, because they have not written the code for this service for the new server yet.

By the way, the new server is this link.......

myAudi

Try it! If you have not been transferred across you will NOT be able to logon. I suggest you stay as you are on the old one and get all you need until you are transferred across to the new (that may be never) that has different URL to the one I posted just above.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frithwood View Post
    Being able to "Send to car" from google maps means you are still on the OLD server, because they have not written the code for this service for the new server yet.

By the way, the new server is this link.......

myAudi

Try it! If you have not been transferred across you will NOT be able to logon. I suggest you stay as you are on the old one and get all you need until you are transferred across to the new (that may be never) that has different URL to the one I posted just above.
    Yes. I can log on to your link. That's the one I've been using. What's the old one then - login.audi.com? That just redirects to the my.audi.com This is not making sense. Also the MyAudi website doesn't have all that News/POI/Twitter type stuff on it. In fact all it seems to do is let you download maps. That other app I showed above lets me do all that stuff still.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Yes. I can log on to your link. That's the one I've been using. What's the old one then - login.audi.com? That just redirects to the my.audi.com This is not making sense. Also the MyAudi website doesn't have all that News/POI/Twitter type stuff on it. In fact all it seems to do is let you download maps. That other app I showed above lets me do all that stuff still.
    That is strange! I just wonder if you are being redirected. I think it is because you have not cleared your PC browser cache, because I cannot login to the old site....I had problems, that is why I was transferred to the new one.

Could you please do a check?

Clear your PC browser cache and history if possible.

Then try to login to the following site...note I have put spaces in to make visible.

https : // my . audi . com/

Do you have a screen dump of the page you are logging into?

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frithwood View Post
    That is strange! I just wonder if you are being redirected. I think it is because you have not cleared your PC browser cache, because I cannot login to the old site....I had problems, that is why I was transferred to the new one.

Could you please do a check?

Clear your PC browser cache and history if possible.

Then try to login to the following site...note I have put spaces in to make visible.

https : // my . audi . com/

Do you have a screen dump of the page you are logging into?
    Hi,

Logged in with a clean MS Edge (never been used, I normally use Chrome) with https : // my . audi . com/. Here the log in screen:

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Connect: unable to send Location to Q7 from Google Maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Hi,

Logged in with a clean MS Edge (never been used, I normally use Chrome) with https : // my . audi . com/. Here the log in screen:

Interesting. Similar screen as I see. (see note 1 below) Naturally mine shows my Q5. That now explains what is going on! In my view it means you are now logged into both servers, the OLD server still logged in with Chrome, giving you the ability to Send to Car from Google maps because the link and code is written for it (OLD server), and the NEW server with Edge. I cannot do both (OLD and New Servers), because I had a problem with the OLD server and cannot login to it, so I cannot send to car.

Note 1. It could be and most likely that both OLD and NEW Servers have the same screen after login.

Note 2. This also explains the confusion with most the Audi customer services people except for the guy who communicates with me and is trying to keep up to date with the programming and code writing for the new server and send to car links.

I used to be an IT professional as well as an aircraft engineer and can understand what is going on. I hope I have not confused you?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast