Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gal33 View Post
    Hi Cip82. I have exactly same problem with my Audi A6 2014 ultra. Did you sorted yours now? Do u know what was the problem? I would be greatful of any help!
    Did not sort out yet. The problem seems to be DPF. He is not working properly. A friend from AA told me after checking all parameters that DPF needs a proffesional cleaning as level of ash is high or there is a leak of pressure. Before cleaning DPF visual inspect from turbo to DPF all the pipes for gas leak. Anyway i will clean Dpf and will replace all washers with brand new ones but the problem that dpf it is very hard to take off. It has a strange U shape and then splits into a Y shape. It has 2 screws that is impossible to get out. After you unscrew the 2 ones you have to lift engine with gearbox in order to get dpf out. I did it once but the garage said to me never come back to them. Mechanic struggle 4 hours to get it out and 3 hours to put it back for £120. They quote the price before the job. I clean dpf somewhere near Slogh with chemical solution but after i put it back error come back so cleaning was rubish. I had warranty but no one wants to get involved to take dpf out. Someone propose to take engine and gearbox out which is an expensive job. In August i will go abroad where i will properly clean DPF . I will update then. Hope that helps.
    Good luck

0 0 0

2. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    They are not too bad to do, my chaps can get one off in around 2 hours, we had good practice at it when we tried to fix a problem with a B&M premium DPF, after three warranty replacements we had the old one repaired (damaged sensor threads) and clean by DPF Clean Team in Hinckley, nice people.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I hope nobody minds me jumping in hijacking the post. But I have the exact same car, 2014 model with the exact same fault code. EML light on always. 58k miles.

Error:
    19226 particulate trap bank 1

These are my measurements in VCDS:

PARTICLE FILTER SOOT MASS CALCULATED 10.77g
    PARTICLE FILTER SOOT MASS MEASURED 2.99g
    PARTICLE FILTER TIME SINCE LAST REGENERATIONS 12,588 s
    PARTICLE FILTER OIL ASH VOLUME 0.06 L
    PARTICLE FILTER FUEL CONSUMPTION SINCE LAST REGENERATION 4.93 L

It looks like DPF isn't full. But would it be advised to do a forced regen?

Or does anyone else know any solution for this issue?

Sensor perhaps?
    @cip82
    when you said you changes differential pressure sensor. Do you mean this: BOSCH OEM Exhaust Pressure DPF Sensor Audi A4 A5 A6 Q7 VW T5 2.0 TDI 059906051A | eBay

I read that only original one should be used.

And did you try the forced/emergency regen?

I read one story about a similar fault from a guy in the USA and he said VW changed the DPF and solved the problem. Ouch. I hope it doesn't need a DPF otherwise bill will be expensive.

0 0 0

4. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Fit and calibrate a new genuine pressure sensor and then see how it goes, avoid unnecessary DPF forced regeneration if possible as it reduces the filters life.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Fit and calibrate a new genuine pressure sensor and then see how it goes, avoid unnecessary DPF forced regeneration if possible as it reduces the filters life.
    Hi Crasher.

I tried forced regen on VCDS before I saw your message, but it aborted due to safety reasons.

I suspect because the soot level is too low to do this? only 10g.

Anyway, my initial worry about the DPF being blocked has been wiped out as VCDS is giving all good readings.

Which will then point next to the sensor or pipes losing pressure somewhere.

Seems like a mammoth job. How does one adapt this sensor once its fitted? And is it easily accessible? how long do you think it would take to replace it?

0 0 0

6. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The sensor is under your nose when you open the bonnet and the calibration procedure is on the Ross Tec site and in the menus.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The sensor is under your nose when you open the bonnet and the calibration procedure is on the Ross Tec site and in the menus.
    Thank you.

I have ordered up a new sensor. Part number: 03L906051B
    I believe a new part number has superseeded that one which is: 03L906051D

This part is more expensive. I wonder if its been released to solve known problems in the B model? Anyway, Next weekend i'll probably fit it and report back.

0 0 0

8. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have had a similar fault and can give a very specific reason why some may have this error "P200200: Particulate Trap Bank 1 Efficiency Below Threshold"

I have been sent AUDI TPI 20050077/3 which is specific to my TDI Ultra model however I suspect this may also affect others. It's included in this post as a dropbox link.

Basically, the EGR has a cooler in its core and this can become clogged, dropping the pressure going INTO bank 1 causing the error seen. It's enough of an issue for AUDI to release the TPI about it anyway and blame it on a 'driving profile'...

Hope this helps some people fault find at least!
    Last edited by PuddyTat; 24-04-2019 at 01:11 PM.

0 0 0

9. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddyTat View Post
    I have s similar same fault and can give a very specific reason why some may have this error "P200200: Particulate Trap Bank 1 Efficiency Below Threshold"
    I have been sent AUDI TPI 20050077/3 which is specific to my TDI Ultra model however I suspect this may also affect others. It's included in this post as a dropbox link.

Basically, the EGR has a cooler in its core and this can become clogged, dropping the pressure going INTO bank 1 causing the error seen. It's enough of an issue for AUDI to release the TPI about it anyway and blame it on a 'driving profile'...

Hope this helps some people fault find at least!
    Thanks for that information.

Different error code though. Oddly the error code all of us are suffering from in this thread doesn't seem to be documented on rosstech.. Which is unusual. The only error codes associated with the Trap bank 1 issue suggest you must..

1. Emergency DPF regen.
    2. Replace DPF pressure sensor.

As seen here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18434/P2002/008194

But... I did see on another forum one guy replaced his EGR cooler to solve a similar problem(different error code) as well!

0 0 0

10. Re: Please Help. A6 error 19226 Particulate trap bank 1 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So new pressure sensor fitted. Adapted using VCDS ok. EML light remained on. Erased fault codes, driven 30 miles so far and no EML light on. I will wait a week or so before jumping for joy, the last time i erased codes the light remained off for 3 days. So one cannot be overly happy yet.

I will give it however long it takes, over a week and it will be looking promising.

Oddly, when the sensor was replaced the soot level in the DPF was showing 20g. Before that it was 15g. I did try a regen again but it just wouldn't work, both standstill regen and driving regen. At least I don't think it worked, if it did, it did nothing during the process. The standstill regen errors and aborts, but the driving one once activated doesn't do anything? so just drove with it apparently activated for 30 miles.

Lets see what happens. If the light comes back on its gotta be either:

1. Faulty DPF.
    2. Blocked/faulty EGR cooler.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast