1. A6 Avant wobbling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    She’s got full Audi history, gearbox been done as it should be, and was last done around 12k miles ago when I bought it.
    I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread I wasn’t sure on the box being at fault as when on motorway at speed I knock it into neutral and the shudder stays?

Truth is I can’t afford to just drop it off with Audi and say “here, sort that out for me my old cock”

It’s currently on 126k by the way so barely run in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Avant wobbling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyson675 View Post
    She’s got full Audi history, gearbox been done as it should be, and was last done around 12k miles ago when I bought it.
    I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread I wasn’t sure on the box being at fault as when on motorway at speed I knock it into neutral and the shudder stays?

Truth is I can’t afford to just drop it off with Audi and say “here, sort that out for me my old ****”

Drive shafts then - or the inner or outer CV joints. You said it started after you hit a kerb so it's not unreasonable that something may be damaged and it would be speed dependent. At least you know what side to swop out.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 1 0

3. Re: A6 Avant wobbling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey OP,

Any update on this? I've been searching for a similar sounding wobble on mine for ages. Albeit mine is quattro.
    2006 A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Avant wobbling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hi mate. I’ve got 4 new alloys, 4 new uniroyals and the wobbles gone until you get to 60, then after 70 it goes. It’s nowhere near as bad as it was but I can still feel it.
    My local audi independent put it down to gearbox wobble, just said let it develop if it does or spend 1000’s by process of elimination.
    Which I don’t fancy.
    Most people don’t mention it, I bet a test driver wouldn’t notice either if they was going to buy it.

So, I’ll live with it and avoid 60

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Avant wobbling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyson675 View Post
    Hi mate. I’ve got 4 new alloys, 4 new uniroyals and the wobbles gone until you get to 60, then after 70 it goes. It’s nowhere near as bad as it was but I can still feel it.
    My local audi independent put it down to gearbox wobble, just said let it develop if it does or spend 1000’s by process of elimination.
    Which I don’t fancy.
    Most people don’t mention it, I bet a test driver wouldn’t notice either if they was going to buy it.

So, I’ll live with it and avoid 60

Thanks for the reply. Pity you have to avoid 60

My wobble is pretty apparent. I managed to get on a 2 post lift yesterday afternoon and run it up to 100 km/h. Wobble came on hard. I was in the car, not under it. I had a driveline guy under it checking things out.
    It seems to be coming from the front inner CV's or the diff. I recently replaced the front inner CV's with SKF aftermarket ones. Naturally the driveline guy is "oh, aftermarket ones always have issues, fit OEM", and I don't really trust that advice. The wobble was identical before and after the old (OEM) and new CV's (SKF).
    I think it's to do with all the play I have in my front right output flange, even though one ZF agent has said they think it's normal. I'm headed for a second opinion on Friday.
    2006 A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234