Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Xenons, UK/EU headlight swap, 01539, headache... Please help....

1. Xenons, UK/EU headlight swap, 01539, headache... Please help.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I'm after some words of wisdom regarding a Q7 4L 2007 that I've recently picked up. It's an Italian car that I've bought over to the UK to register and use here. Sounds easy huh? Wee essay below.

Dash changed to MPH, everything else is fine for UK driving apart from the headlights.

Three local Audi dealers gave me different answers about how to change them, from a recode (Probably tourist mode so not UK legal) to nice new units for only £4,500 fitted.

eBay to the rescue, two units purchased, 10% of dealer price. Fitted in 20 minutes but got a whole world of entertaining dashboard warnings....

Got the codes read by a mate and got stuck in > 01534 Control circuit errors for left and right, turns out the replacement UK parts had the cornering modules installed and they didn't speak Italian! Looked into recoding to remove the error but didn't seem possible.

Next > strip all four lights and swapped over the wiring looms, control circuit for motor (motors have same P/N so left them), ballast, bulbs etc leaving me with UK plastic housing/lenses and Italian everything else. Only took 6 hours.... But bye bye errors!

Not.....

I'm now left with 01539, headlights not adjusted.... I've followed the RossTech instructions for setting the levels to the letter > 55 -Xenon > Basic 04 > Group 001. Wait for the headlights to move to centre (they don't seem to move if it all that I can see), turn lights on, adjust, group 002, done, close.... The headlights cycle up and down when I turn them on so everything seems fine. But everytime I exit 4 basic settings the error comes back.

Spent another hour with Google and tried clever stuff like jacking the car up to get the level sensors even (steel suspension not air) but still the error returns

I'm at a complete loss as to why the adjustment error won't bugger off. Am I missing something obvious? I'm two days in to a supposedly simple job and about to swap the Q7 for a lot of whisky.... Can anyone help? Please??

0 0 0

2. Re: Xenons, UK/EU headlight swap, 01539, headache... Please help.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe if I added the swapped the light controller for the cornering version (4L0907357B) and put the wiring looms back?

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-03-2018, 01:04 PM
  2. Not recognising xenons after RHD to LHD headlight swap
    By foxbile in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 11:48 AM
  3. Audi Allroad 2.5tdi 2004 model headlight upgrade to xenons
    By taggart in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-10-2015, 10:00 AM
  4. Replacing Headlight + Headlight Bulb on A3 Sline Black Edition 2011 Xenons
    By AudiRyda in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-06-2015, 07:32 PM
  5. Please Help Passat Headlight swap, is it posible to swap early / late over?
    By scotlandstu in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 11:26 AM