Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello to all.
    I have a VW Polo 6N1 1.4 16v code:AFH that uses one timing belt not two...
    Its registred february 1997 so production must have been 96.?
    Chassis:WVWZZZ6NZVY143524

The car needs a new Throttle body but i dont know what is the right reference for my car, the faulty VDO tbi fitted to the car at the moment is 036133064C but i see some paint marks that suggests that this tbi may have come from a junk yard ,and the previous owner may have bought the wrong unit since theres also a 036133064E and 036133064J for this model
    Can someone please with the car information above can say for sure the right reference that i need?
    I intend to buy a brand new VDO tbi , so far in the shops ive asked e get mixed opinions + im not buying it local but from a site in germany dont want to wast the Money on a wrong part...

Many thanks
    0 0 0

2. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Your car was built on the 25th November 1996 so it is a 1997 model year car and a type 6N1 0P4. The throttle body you need is 036 133 064 C but this went obsolete on 1st May 2013. It is easily available from the original manufacturer Siemens VDO or from VW Classic but I would avoid the cheap Chinese rubbish on fleabay, this stuff really lasts a week as I found out in an experiment a few weeks ago with a secondary air pump from Max Speeding Rods, it lasted 6 days and seized.....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi thank you for the reply.
    I actually thought mine would be 036133064E as its stated for cars after chassis nº 6N-W-105 001 ,and mine being WVWZZZ6NZVY143524
    036133064C stated for cars until chassis 6N-W-105 000

What am i doing wrong when looking at chassis nº for parts..?

Cheers
    0 0 0

4. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    wvwzzz is just VW and some infill digits. 6N is the model type number as you know, z is an infill, V is the model year i.e. 97 and Y is the build plant, Pamplona Navarra and the six digits its build sequence. On the parts system they drop all the useless stuff so your VIN would read 6N-V -143524 (25.11.1996) and the throttle body changed from 036 133 064 C to 036 133 064 E at VIN 6N-W-105 000, approximately, which was 25.09.1997.
    Last edited by Crasher; 22-07-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Its still confusing to me lol (nevermind) but will get the 036 133 064 C as you said.
    thank you very much mate!
    can only buy it for the next month but will get a VDO unit

i'll take the chance to describe the symptoms im experiencing: at any gear it coughs and splutters from 1200 rpm to 3500 ,and some times when driving the rpm drops and don't want to climb even with the foot to the floor.
    i must add that when i turn the ignition on ,engine off i don't hear the tbi pitch noise neither the flap moving, just a low ,kind of click or grind noise at the TBI ign ON...

Edit: Oh and very high and unstable idle near 2000rpm
    0 0 0

6. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B600power View Post
    Its still confusing to me
    Your car, WVWZZZ6NZVY143524 was built on the 25th of November 1996, the throttle body changed part number to 036 133 064 E on approximately the 25th of September 1997... 10 months after your car was built...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, my understanding is that my chassis num being higher than 105 001 it would be later thats what confuses me... im sorry if im a hard head mate...
    In time i will get the 036 133 064 C

Does the symptoms i described say anything to you?
    And do you know if the pins 1 and 2 at the TBI itself should have resistance beetwen each other? They show no continuity.

Cheers
    0 0 0

8. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Your chassis number at V 143524 is lower than W 105 001, V is for 1997 model year and W is for 1998.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    And does the chassi nº starts over when a letter changes?

Today looking for prices a local parts shop told me they could order a Meat&Doria tbi for under 200€ and they said the tbi would be VDO just diffrent packing...
    Do you know if Meat&Doria packs VDO tbi´s and would it really be na original part?
    I find that really od why would VDO do that and loose Money..?

Cheers
    0 0 0

10. Re: 97 Polo 6N1 (AFH) Throttle body reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi to day i bought the VDO tbi bought it locally since i didnt wanted to wait two or three weeks hoping i would be able to drive the car with no major issues , it being my only transport at the min...
    Ended up paying over 300€ ,even that i can hear the humming noise and see it slightly move with the ign on, the problem is stil there!..
    Is this what na original VDO tbi should look like?

Its not been adapted, i dont have the m€ans to do it now.
    The car feels like its cutting out fuel and gets hot like is running lean , im thinking maybe fuel pump tired, but it has pressure since the car starts on the first crank it rarelly needs a second crank but sometimes do...
    The PO had a bad tempreture sensor the car made lots of black smoke on start up, i swaped the sensor (HELLA) the day after i got the car the smoke went away, but i wonder how long it runn Rich like that ,got me thinking that can also be exhaust clogged...?But then think i can hear some poping in the KAT exhaust which would suggest me lean.?
    Im stumped

Any thoughts folks? Cheers
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast