1. Aui A8 Throttle Body Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have some throttle body error codes that are confusing me.

I have a 2004 Audi A8 D3 4.0 Diesel

When doing a VCDS scan I get the following error codes:

I have the following error codes:

17022 - Throttle Body Actuator Bank 1 (J338)
    P0638 - 000 - Implausible Signal
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 651 /min
    Torque: 105.3 Nm
    Speed: 0.0 km/h
    Voltage: 13.45 V
    Duty Cycle: 30.0 %
    Bin. Bits: 00000000
    Mass Air / Rev.: 334.9 mg/str
    Mass Air / Rev.: 299.6 mg/str

19699 - Control Circuit for Throttle Body Module
    P3243 - 002 - Electrical Malfunction
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 651 /min
    Torque: 105.3 Nm
    Speed: 0.0 km/h
    Voltage: 13.45 V
    Duty Cycle: 30.0 %
    Bin. Bits: 00000000
    Mass Air / Rev.: 305.5 mg/str
    Mass Air / Rev.: 282.0 mg/str

So I thought I'd do a VCDS alignment to see if it cleared the error.

I followed the Ros Tech video below:

How to do the Throttle Body Alignment with VCDS - YouTube

When I enter the groups 098 or 060 as per the video I get "error group not available". At the end of the video it says diesel cars dont have throttle bodies.So what are the error codes above referring to?

When I search on ebay however there are throttle bodies advertised for 4.0 V8 diesels for sale.

Help!!!!!!! Im so confused.

0 0 0

2. Re: Aui A8 Throttle Body Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That is the petrol engine procedure, there isn’t a diesel procedure as the idle is not controlled by that throttle body, in fact that is a bad name they have given it.

You need to replace the right bank manifold flap with part number 057 128 063 which costs £540.22 from Audi.

Left and right are the same so you could swap to prove it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Aui A8 Throttle Body Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That is the petrol engine procedure, there isn’t a diesel procedure as the idle is not controlled by that throttle body, in fact that is a bad name they have given it.

You need to replace the right bank manifold flap with part number 057 128 063 which costs £540.22 from Audi.

Left and right are the same so you could swap to prove it.
    Just to keep you updated. I managed to get the Bank One Throttle body off. Its simple enough but very awkward to do and quite time consuming.

There are three 5mm hex bolts to remove. The tope two are easy and off in a minute. The bottom one you have to do blind and you need a swivel head hex key tool to do it, and even then you can only do a quarter turn on the thread at a time and the thread is 3 cm's long.

With the bolts undone you need to remove the electrical connector. Again this has to be done blind and you need a 90 degree 'pick' tool. You push the point of the pick into the side clipe and pull towards and it comes of easily.

Next you need a large lever and gently lever the metal flange that goes to the intercooler and bring it forward about an inch then the throttle body will finally lift out.

I do have one question. What should the position of the flap be with the ignition off? Open or Closed, The one I have taken out is open. This is the until that reported the error code so I am assuming it should be closed. Please let me know.

0 0 0