1. Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys new here, so any help will be much appreciated, my car is an Audi A4 b8 2.0tdi, so the other day driving the car home, as soon as I get to about 50mph and each time I press the gas all the way down the car over revs to so I continue driving for another half mile or so and IÂ’m loosing all power and then IÂ’ve got this massive white smoke coming from the exhaust, so called the aa guys car failed to start, so gets towed to garage they take the turbo off, the turbo is full of water, they also took oil sump off this also has water, now the garage has been advised by the aa to strip engine and find the problem. So fingers crossed hope I donÂ’t get any further bad news, so I thought I would put a post up to see if anyone has heard of this problem, thank you all in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Possibly a leaking EGR cooler.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so would a leaking EGR cooler ruin my engine?

0 0 0

4. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It can be incredibly destructive to the engine itself in two ways. Obviously oil in the water is bad as things start to rub.... the next problem is that the oil and water actually mix or it is better described as emulsification. The water leaking in increases the oil level until it starts to blow into the inlet system as unlike raw oil, emulsified oil is very light and stays airborne. At this point the oil can start to burn and the engine can run away with little you can do to stop it except wait for it to seize or throw a rod, on Tuesday I saw a Passat at the side of the motorway and the bottom cover was blown down and you could see oil all over the road, Googling “diesel runaway” brings up some interesting videos. Of course not all the water from a leaking EGR cooler ends up in the inlet, most goes into the exhaust and wrecks the turbo.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi and thanks for the reply, i got some bad news from the garage they tell me the engine will need replacing, because it has seized, they tell me because the cam rod snapped and has caused the engine to seize???? what do i do now? is it worth getting in touch with the dealers? it does have full dealer service history.

any help is appreciated

0 0 0

6. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Do you know if the car has had the emissions update - the one linked to VW/Audi cheating the emissions tests? If you have there is a chance they may replace the engine FOC, or pay a significant contribution to it. Worth a try, and persistence.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1919002275013382/about/

0 0 0

7. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi and thanks again for the replies, the car did have an emissions update few months ago, where i believe they just did some kind of update, nothing was actually changed, however i have been told due to the cam rods snapping/breaking? the engine is seized and will require a replacement engine, this is now going to cost me almost £2000.

0 0 0

8. Re: Water in turbo and oil sump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Please check the facebook link I sent you. There are cases of owners get new engines where theirs has failed after the emissions update, so worth checking out the page. What have you got to lose?

0 0 0