1. Golf GT TDI non-start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone. New to the forum and hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to diagnose my brother in law's car for him.

It's a 2009 Golf GT TDI (140) believe the engine to be CRB model. The condensed version of events was that it failed to start and was left with VW dealer to diagnose. They replaced tank fuel pump, then took it for a test drive and it cut out. They then tried to say the high pressure pump was the issue and had been damaged by debris from the tank pump failing. I'm sure this is a lie as the pumps usually just stop working, plus there is obviously the fuel filter which would have caught any debris. So £2470 later he takes the car home only for it to fail to start again a few days later.

It goes to another VW main dealer where they live (surrey), who think all the injectors are at fault (highly unlikely for all 4 injectors to spontaneously die!). Apparently they have checked and fuel is getting to the injectors but they are not firing. I now have the car at home and am looking into it for him.

So far I have put a multimeter onto the injector plugs looking for a 12V live feed. It appears I only have 0.36V on each injector. I am just awaiting delivery of some noid lights to check for pulse from the ECU, although I suspect I wont get one as I don't have the power to the injectors to begin with.

Does anyone have any idea why there would be such a low voltage to the injectors? Where does this come from, is it via the ECU or direct feed from battery?

I suspect the issue is with the ECU and am planning to take it out and have it checked. Also read things about crank sensor being the issue when no pulse is detected as ECU doesn't know the engine is turning, however this wouldn't explain the lack of voltage in the first place.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf GT TDI non-start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Are there any fault codes stored in the ECU? I have seen a number of cases where after fitting a new in tank lift pump, the lines have been connected the wrong way around, annoyingly this causes cutting out and poor starting but not complete failure so no one realises what it is, lift the back seat and take a picture of the delivery unit under the cover.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0