1. 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Firstly thanks for letting me join. I've never had Audi before and am almost ready to pull the trigger on a C7 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro.

It's the standard spec, basic no options as it's a stock car. The MMI is the smaller screen with SD card based Navigation,

I have a few questions that I am hoping the more knowledgeable folk will be ready to answer:

1. Are there generally any known issues with these engines/ transmissions/ etc?

2. Can Apple car play or Android auto be retrofitted through Audi on this? I am assuming it's just a software upgrade?

3. How easy is it to fit a reversing camera that integrates into the Audi screen? Any advise and /or suppliers?

MAny thans in advance!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Good choice. The basic car is very good, a few minor things that go wrong but no more than any car, and a lot less than many. The parking camera may be expensive to retro fit, the SD Nav is not as good as the HDD version. Unless it is a really good deal, I would look for one with the Tech pack & parking camera, an ex demo car would be a good choice as they tend to have much better spec and are a very good price. Have a look on the Audi website you should find a good spec one at a fair price. Engine and box all fine, good hunting...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi. Good choice. The basic car is very good, a few minor things that go wrong but no more than any car, and a lot less than many. The parking camera may be expensive to retro fit, the SD Nav is not as good as the HDD version. Unless it is a really good deal, I would look for one with the Tech pack & parking camera, an ex demo car would be a good choice as they tend to have much better spec and are a very good price. Have a look on the Audi website you should find a good spec one at a fair price. Engine and box all fine, good hunting...
    Thanks for the reply. Yes it's a great deal, 30% off
    Unfortunately, this is all brand new unregistered stock cars now that they need to get rid before Sep 1st, they can't match the deal on a used, so take it or leave it basically.

Do you know if Smartphone intergation would work? This is just the basic MMI, I saw an Option for £250 on Audi website for activation but the question is do you need the tech pack for that or not?

7T2 NAV Navigation system (LOW)
    8DP RAO Radio "LOW II"

0 0 0

4. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Unable to comment on integration without the Tech pack, I only use the phone for calls, car data is via a sim in TP and have music via an iPod. At 30% don't think you can go wrong, would make the camera fitting less expensive with the up front saving. Clearly getting rid of stock to make room for the new A6 later in the year. Good luck...

0 0 0

5. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    According to the price list you need the TechPack to have the Audi Smartphone interface so I doubt it can be retrofitted to a car with the RMC system, as it requires the phone to be connected to the car via a usb connection (not via an AMI lead) and the RMC system lacsk the USB functionailty that the MMI PLus system has. Likewise the RMC system lacks a video input so would be unable to accept a feed from a reversing camera.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    According to the price list you need the TechPack to have the Audi Smartphone interface so I doubt it can be retrofitted to a car with the RMC system, as it requires the phone to be connected to the car via a usb connection (not via an AMI lead) and the RMC system lacsk the USB functionailty that the MMI PLus system has. Likewise the RMC system lacks a video input so would be unable to accept a feed from a reversing camera.
    Ok so no reversing camera.
    Am I understanding your explanation correctly? It doesn't even come with a USB port to charge the phone?
    Seems like old tech now understandably.

0 0 0

7. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stellamaris5 View Post
    Ok so no reversing camera.
    Am I understanding your explanation correctly? It doesn't even come with a USB port to charge the phone?
    Seems like old tech now understandably.
    That is correct, no USB port. Remember that the current A6 is one of the oldest cars in the Audi range (launched in 2011) and on the point of being replaced, meaning that it is a little behind when it comes to technology, whereas the new one just announced is ahead of the rest of the range (except for the A7 and A8). Your car will comes with the AMI interface and you will get two AMI cables when you take delivery of the car, one of which is a USB cable that allows to connect a non-Apple device cable and I think that will charge a phone. I have an iPhone and the iPhone cable supplied charges the phone. In the armrest there is also a 12v lighter socket so you can always use that to charge a phone with an adaptor.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Might be worth asking the dealer to look at stock at other locations for a car with Tech pack and parking camera. As long as they are the same dealer group ( for me Inchape) there should be no issue in bagging a car with a better spec. There will be cars around with extras on them from the factory awaiting a customer. The dealer will want to move his own stock firstly as they will probley be located on site, push them to look for another if they want to make a sale, unless its what you really want, then pushing them for something better has no down side for you, only a possible up side...

0 0 0

9. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Might be worth asking the dealer to look at stock at other locations for a car with Tech pack and parking camera. As long as they are the same dealer group ( for me Inchape) there should be no issue in bagging a car with a better spec. There will be cars around with extras on them from the factory awaiting a customer. The dealer will want to move his own stock firstly as they will probley be located on site, push them to look for another if they want to make a sale, unless its what you really want, then pushing them for something better has no down side for you, only a possible up side...
    This one is already the last one in the group (inchape) and apparently no other available with Tech pack. They don't have any in that spec on their own site.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2018 A6 2.0 TFSI Avant S Line Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is the 190 diesel as strong as the 2.0TFSI?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast