Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card)

1. Question New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi All,

First of all very pleased with the new car, swapped a Macan with the Q7 as looking for a bit more space. The Q7's spec is very nice, S-line, 272hp, grey, 20"s, pan roof, rear seat entertainment, air suspension, full leather, driver display + HUD, front memory seats driver + passenger, rear heated seats.

Few questions from early days in the ownership:

1) If I add a data plan sim card on the slot in the glove compartment, what functions can I run with it? Does it take much data and is it worth it? Any tricks or plug and play?
    2) On previous Mercedes GLC I had a net separating the trunk/boot from the seats which was very handy as a "dog net". Any such things with the Q7? What have been people doing in regards to dogs? Not a fan of the current option with the guard/separator. Looks very impratical for 7 seats (whenever needed) and bulky....any ideas?
    3) I don't have the upgraded sound system. What spec can I go for to upgrade the system and what are the sizes of the spakers to buy? Would you recommend installing an amplifier as well? Lastly, does replacing the speakers impact warranty?
    4) Lastly, has anyone painted/done anything with the standard wheels?

Thanks everyone and looking forward to hearing from you

0 0 0

2. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

Congrats on new purchase. Couple of answers to your questions

2- What you are after is a Net Partition- i ordered one with my car, was about £100, not sure what they will be as aftermarket accessories

4 Ii had standard S Line 200 inch wheels. I had the faces diamond cut and then the barrels colour coded to match the Black Optic colour LRN4 i think was the code. Makes them look bigger without the £1600 expense of 21 inch wheels. Cost me £400 at local wheel refurbishers

0 0 0

4. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    2 - awesome, that's it!!

4- do you have any picture to share? thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

0 0 0

6. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
    Are you aware if these changes could void the warranty?

0 0 0

7. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mavg View Post
    2 - awesome, that's it!!

4- do you have any picture to share? thanks

Hopefully this works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mavg View Post
    Are you aware if these changes could void the warranty?
    Not a clue, I do not know how the legistlation on warranty works in UK.

0 0 0

9. Re: New Q7 owner - S-line 272 3.0 TDI (Few questions incl. sound system, dog guard and sim card) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure how to upload a pic from iPhone app. Send me a DM with your email address and I'll send over

0 0 0