Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Interesting, is that an Audi imposed deadline ? Wonder if there will be any too good to miss deals?
    No new car can be sold in the U.K. from 1 September unless it has been certified under the new fuel consumption and emissions test. The manufacturers have miscalculated how long this process will take meaning there is a massive backlog of cars needing to be tested. Some eu countries have given a grace period but not the U.K. The C7 A6 won’t be tested as it is going out of production, likewise BMW have pulled the M3 and VW the Golf GTI (non-performance version) from sale. As you say there may be deals to be had or a lot of A6 loan cars come September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 0 0

2. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    No new car can be sold in the U.K. from 1 September unless it has been certified under the new fuel consumption and emissions test. The manufacturers have miscalculated how long this process will take meaning there is a massive backlog of cars needing to be tested. Some eu countries have given a grace period but not the U.K. The C7 A6 won’t be tested as it is going out of production, likewise BMW have pulled the M3 and VW the Golf GTI (non-performance version) from sale. As you say there may be deals to be had or a lot of A6 loan cars come September
    Thanks for that, I somehow must have missed it

The best deals are normally with a finance contribution so am surprised more dealers aren't contacting me. Wonder how much A6 stock is around?

0 0 0

3. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I heard, that VW manufacts as much car as they can until that deadline will come. It seems, that they have problems even with their new engines to fulfill the new requirements.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

4. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    I heard, that VW manufacts as much car as they can until that deadline will come. It seems, that they have problems even with their new engines to fulfill the new requirements.
    How would that work in practice though as you would need to register the car before the 1st September which given that's 28 days away doesn't give them long. Can they register them as soon as they come off the production line or do they need to be in the UK?

0 0 0

5. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    How would that work in practice though as you would need to register the car before the 1st September which given that's 28 days away doesn't give them long. Can they register them as soon as they come off the production line or do they need to be in the UK?
    Honestly, nowadays I don't understand the VW logic in several aspects. IMHO they are waiting for a miracle, maybe this is the part of the BREXIT campaign as they want to make it a part of a exit deal. However, and IMHO most of the surplus will go for the continental EU or world wide, and probably they are waiting for a temporary exemption which can be corrobored with their large unsold stocks.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yes I thought I had seen it somewhere and had been looking at both the German and UK brochures.

As you say it would kill a healthy amount of their market.

I think it's a case of the sales person has not got a clue and needs to hit his targets so wants to sell you a car now not in whenever.....

Last time I was in the garage most of the sales team looked they were on work experience from school ....

The 2.0 tdi is now on the configurator. Around £42k OTR for the S line. Magazines have also been full of 40tdi tests so your salesman is a disingenuous idiot! A6 now looking expensive against the 5 series and E Class even allowing for the extra kit

0 0 0

7. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickerby View Post
    The 2.0 tdi is now on the configurator. Around £42k OTR for the S line. Magazines have also been full of 40tdi tests so your salesman is a disingenuous idiot! A6 now looking expensive against the 5 series and E Class even allowing for the extra kit
    So basically impossible to get an A6 for under £40k list price otr, (the 40TDi Sport saloon just sneaks under), meaning higher RFL for the first 5 years. In fairness BMW only offers the 520SE just below £40k. makes the E-Class almost a bargain

0 0 0

8. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Love the way they made it heavier than the outgoing model.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

9. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Love the way they made it heavier than the outgoing model.
    Yes but given it's got a mild hybrid system onboard not really surprising

0 0 0

10. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    So they can escape the diesel bans cos "it's a hybrid mate" the system adds nothing to the performance or economy that the promised weight reduction and aero gains wouldn't have achieved. Snake oil.t
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast