3. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Agreed but they have also taken a few things off like 4 zone air con, park assist etc. All of which you might not want but are not cheap options now

0 0 0

4. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Agreed but they have also taken a few things off like 4 zone air con, park assist etc. All of which you might not want but are not cheap options now
    Just done as best I can a comparison with 3.0TDi Quattro (272) C7 SE Executive (actually dropped in the last price list but took £2750 off price of S-Line) against a 50 TDi Quattro C8 Sport

As standard the C8 Sport adds to the SE Executive Spec from the C7 the following:
    • 18" Wheels
    • Progressive Steering (called Dynamic on the C7) but description seems identical
    • Folding mirrors
    • Lighting Pack
    • Ambient Lighting Pack
    • LED Headlights
    • Audi Pre-Sense Front - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
    • Lane Departure Warning - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
    • Rear View Camera
    • Tech Pack
    • Audi Smart Phone Interface

The C8 loses from C7 Spec:
    • 4 Zone Climate
    • Milano Leather (rapace with Twin Leather)
    • Acoustic Side Windows
    • Space Saver Spare

So by adding all of the extras from the C7 price list to make it up to the C8 and deducting the cost of adding the missing items from the C8 that are standard on the C7 (I had to use a little licence in splitting things that were only in packs on the c7 to get a cost of a specific feature) we arrive at the following:

A C8 50 Sport is listed at £45910 whilst the equivalent spec C7 would cost £45685. The C8 50 also comes with an 8 Speed Tiptronic whilst the C7 272 comes with 7 speed S-Tronic.

This calculation actually surprised me as I too had thought the C8 might be over priced but on a like for like basis it seems not. Of course the issue would be whether the extras now included as standard on the C8 are those you would have added to the C7 or not. I also noticed in the price list it mentions several times Automatic transmission only against certain features. Does this mean despite Audi's denial in the past that there will be a manual C8 at some point?

0 1 0

5. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    How are you getting the starting price at 45k base looks like 47k before any bits. On the road price that is.

0 0 0

6. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    How are you getting the starting price at 45k base looks like 47k before any bits. On the road price that is.
    Both prices are based on the rrp not otr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Just done as best I can a comparison with 3.0TDi Quattro (272) C7 SE Executive (actually dropped in the last price list but took £2750 off price of S-Line) against a 50 TDi Quattro C8 Sport

As standard the C8 Sport adds to the SE Executive Spec from the C7 the following:
    • 18" Wheels
    • Progressive Steering (called Dynamic on the C7) but description seems identical
    • Folding mirrors
    • Lighting Pack
    • Ambient Lighting Pack
    • LED Headlights
    • Audi Pre-Sense Front - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
    • Lane Departure Warning - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
    • Rear View Camera
    • Tech Pack
    • Audi Smart Phone Interface

The C8 loses from C7 Spec:
    • 4 Zone Climate
    • Milano Leather (rapace with Twin Leather)
    • Acoustic Side Windows
    • Space Saver Spare

So by adding all of the extras from the C7 price list to make it up to the C8 and deducting the cost of adding the missing items from the C8 that are standard on the C7 (I had to use a little licence in splitting things that were only in packs on the c7 to get a cost of a specific feature) we arrive at the following:

A C8 50 Sport is listed at £45910 whilst the equivalent spec C7 would cost £45685. The C8 50 also comes with an 8 Speed Tiptronic whilst the C7 272 comes with 7 speed S-Tronic.

This calculation actually surprised me as I too had thought the C8 might be over priced but on a like for like basis it seems not. Of course the issue would be whether the extras now included as standard on the C8 are those you would have added to the C7 or not. I also noticed in the price list it mentions several times Automatic transmission only against certain features. Does this mean despite Audi's denial in the past that there will be a manual C8 at some point?

Sorry was on my phone before and didn't realise you meant RRP.

Even still looking at the price the base price of the A6 Sport 50 is 46,595 (ROTR 47,795) which is less than your figure? Which configurator are you using to get the old prices out of interest?

If you are adding bits on the C7 to bring them to the level of the C8 then surely you need to add things like the 4 Zone climate control? You can't take them off the price of the C8 otherwise you aren't applying like for like.

The C8 also loses the 73 litre tank.

The C8 does not have the tech pack on as standard that is a further upgrade. The regular one is touch because of the new interface but there is still a tech pack option so that should be not included in the C7.

0 0 0

8. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Sorry was on my phone before and didn't realise you meant RRP.

Even still looking at the price the base price of the A6 Sport 50 is 46,595 (ROTR 47,795) which is less than your figure? Which configurator are you using to get the old prices out of interest?

If you are adding bits on the C7 to bring them to the level of the C8 then surely you need to add things like the 4 Zone climate control? You can't take them off the price of the C8 otherwise you aren't applying like for like.

The C8 also loses the 73 litre tank.

The C8 does not have the tech pack on as standard that is a further upgrade. The regular one is touch because of the new interface but there is still a tech pack option so that should be not included in the C7.
    I took all the pricing from the A6 price list downloaded from the Audi website, On Page 7 it shows the 50TDi as £45910 RRP and £47110 OTR. Regarding things missing from the C8 that are on the C7 I reduced the C7 price by the amount for that item from the C8 price list. So for instance I deducted from the C7 list the cost (£825) of the C8 4 Zone Upgrade. The C8 comes with what is effectively the C7 tech pack as standard (i.e. 5 OTA map upgrades, Online traffic, 3 years Audi Connect, 10gb hard drive, my audi etc + map display in instrument panel (not virtual cockpit)) Tech Pack on C8 provides bigger top screen Google Earth Navigation, Natural Voice Recognition, Virtual Cockpit and Phone Box, none (except Google Earth) of which are in the Tech Pack on the C7. The 73 Litre tank is 115 on the C8 and I had omitted it in my calculations.

As I said it is not perfect but based on these figures the two are a lot closer than I was expecting. It would still have been a £4k+ options list on the C7 an you could not have reduced it by downgrading the climate system only benefit is that in a PCP options rarely affect the residual so you have to pay them in full over the term whilst on the C8 they will increase (hopefully!!) the residual and thus reduce the effective payments

1 0 0

9. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I took all the pricing from the A6 price list downloaded from the Audi website, On Page 7 it shows the 50TDi as £45910 RRP and £47110 OTR. Regarding things missing from the C8 that are on the C7 I reduced the C7 price by the amount for that item from the C8 price list. So for instance I deducted from the C7 list the cost (£825) of the C8 4 Zone Upgrade. The C8 comes with what is effectively the C7 tech pack as standard (i.e. 5 OTA map upgrades, Online traffic, 3 years Audi Connect, 10gb hard drive, my audi etc + map display in instrument panel (not virtual cockpit)) Tech Pack on C8 provides bigger top screen Google Earth Navigation, Natural Voice Recognition, Virtual Cockpit and Phone Box, none (except Google Earth) of which are in the Tech Pack on the C7. The 73 Litre tank is 115 on the C8 and I had omitted it in my calculations.

As I said it is not perfect but based on these figures the two are a lot closer than I was expecting. It would still have been a £4k+ options list on the C7 an you could not have reduced it by downgrading the climate system only benefit is that in a PCP options rarely affect the residual so you have to pay them in full over the term whilst on the C8 they will increase (hopefully!!) the residual and thus reduce the effective payments
    Thanks, I see where you are coming from and fair enough

Mine include metallic paint which gives us the different base number

The C7 had a phone box and voice recognition, might not be as good as the new one but I think it is most of the way. I would certainly want to spec the Tech pack on the new one .....

I guess I was comparing my Black Edition BiTdi with £50,775 (RRP) + add on tech pack with what the S-Line was costing the 272 is £46,115. This compares against an S-Line which should be like for like comparable £49,270.

I would have to compare options more closely though for a fairer comparison/

0 0 0

10. Re: New A6 now on the Configurator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    At least the absolute rubbish BOSE is dropped and its all B&O now.
    Bring on the new S6 and RS6 i say....
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast