Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Good day all

i’ve recently bought a 2015 (65)a6 sline black edition, tilt and fold mirrors, stronic, trying to enble the tilt view , does anyone have a step by step procedure or a link to a guide.
    Had a good search round but none i’ve found seem to work, or i’ve got finger trouble.

all assistance appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    On mine(2014) it needs to be set on left mirror adjust to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Engine on - Gearbox in P
    Turn mirror adjuster to passenger
    Gearbox into Reverse
    adjust passenger mirror to suit
    Gearbox in drive and drive off, after a moment, mirror should move back to original position.

Some say that you need memory electric adjusted seats to work, or if not got the seats, enable it via VCDS/ODB11 etc.

I have 2018 SLine STRONIC but have the electric seats so cant say if it works without them

0 0 0

4. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,

I’ve got the 2013 avant without electric sears and can confirm you can activate it via Carista as well as boot close from the remote. For the mirrors as said earlier need the dial set to passenger mirror for it to dip when reversing and it will remember last adjusted position when driving forward.

0 0 0

5. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies,

unfortunately none of those seem to work, mirror selector is in correct position , i don’t have electric seats, seem to be various opinions on what options are needed to get it to work on the net.
    My previous a6 was a c5 and a cheap obd reader saved me lots of time and money over the years i had the car. I don’t change cars unless i need to so this one will hopefullybe with me for a good while.
    i’m reasonably hands on and want to get most from the car, what would be a good obd device for the car, i realise vcds is going to the optimum but is it something i really need? I’d be looking to sort bugs like the mirrors and identify faults and use options involved in basic servicing, parkbrake etc.
    I don’t have a laptop , instead use an ipad or samsung phone and whilst tools are no problem i’m not a great technology user ,Any suggestions ?

0 0 0

6. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Carista should work if you get their odb adapter or a generic adapter. I use it from an android phone but also works on iOS. Quite a nice user friendly tool but shame they changed their licensing that you pay per month/use but covers what you’re looking for in minor mods, fault scanning and clearing.

0 0 0

7. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    For this you don't need anything, it comes as standard with your model, you don't need electric seats. it needs to be set to the amount of tilt when in reverse. Put it in reverse with the engine running and adjust it to where you want it, then when you move out of reverse it will return to where it was before you put it in reverse. As said previously, the adjuster needs to be set to passenger side, then it automatically does it when you select reverse.

0 0 0

8. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I don't have electric seats on my 2014 model but I have the mirror tilt.
    One thing that's easy to miss......is your mirror control joystick aiming at the left mirror? If not, then it won't tilt. The joystick must be aiming at the left mirror for it to work.

For what it's worth.....I don't like it. The car doesn't return the mirror to the original position after leaving reverse and I always have to re-adjust it so I leave my joystick aiming right so the left mirror doesn't dip
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

9. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    The car doesn't return the mirror to the original position after leaving reverse and I always have to re-adjust it so I leave my joystick aiming right so the left mirror doesn't dip
    It should do, my, MY2014 did, my MY2016 did and my 2018 S5 SB does.

0 0 0

10. Re: Kerb tilt mirror 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I know it should....mine goes too high meaning I need to aim it back down a bit.
    And because of that I just leave the joystick aiming right so it doesn't dip in the first place
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast