Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Just a quick for those in the know.
    I have been told that the new vw/audi requires the new hex-net cable and doesn’t work with the (very) old hex-can cable.
    Can anyone confirm?
    New cable is expensive and more restrictive, license per car type structure, and I’m not sure they will have all the label files as well. So quite a big investment.
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

2. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Researching this some time back, I hit the same conclusions. Hence I went down the OBDeleven route... Never looked back after that tbh.

Sent from my mobile...

0 0 0

3. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I can confirm, I had the HEX-CAN USB up to getting my new S5. I sold it on EBAY, have a look on ebay at the price your unrestricted lead will bring, it'll pay for the OBDeleven. The OBDeleven is compatible with the MLB platform. All it needs is an android device and a wifi connection, the device connect to the android via blutooth. Just go for the PRO version then you won't need to buy the credits, long coding and adaptions etc are free to do, but not with the non-pro version, with that you need credits to use apps. You can either earn credits by watching videos etc or buy them. BTW, If you buy the non-pro version you can upgrade it within the app for I think about £20. You can use it with as many vin's as you like.

0 0 0

4. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Looked at obd 11 but need android device. I have the full Apple ecosystem so will mean new tablet or phone for obd11. Gets quite expensive when you add it to the obd11 device. Will have a nosy and see what other options there are.

0 0 0

5. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Same here, I have all Apple stuff, but for this purpose I got a fire tablet and manipulated it to download from Google play. The whole set up came to less than £100. you'll easily get this back from the sale of your Hex-Can to cover this, especially if it's the USB one.

0 0 0

6. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Looked at obd 11 but need android device. I have the full Apple ecosystem so will mean new tablet or phone for obd11. Gets quite expensive when you add it to the obd11 device. Will have a nosy and see what other options there are.
    Consider a cheapo android tablet from fleebay (probably few tens) and you will be up and running with far less money than the vcds setup. .

Sent from my mobile...

0 0 0

7. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6ian View Post
    Same here, I have all Apple stuff, but for this purpose I got a fire tablet and manipulated it to download from Google play. The whole set up came to less than £100. you'll easily get this back from the sale of your Hex-Can to cover this, especially if it's the USB one.
    Been using my mates hex can cable so not got one to sell. I’ve had it for months/years though.
    At £100 I will look into it.

0 0 0

8. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Just ordered obd11. £60 with the pro package so not too bad. Need to find a cheap tablet now.

0 0 0

9. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6ian View Post
    How long did your obd11 take for delivery?
    Been waiting for over a week and the tracking says Royal Mail has had it since the 30th

0 0 0

10. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Did you order from Voltas? I placed my order on the 16th May and it arrived on the 22nd. It had to come direct from Lithuania.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast