Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I bought mine from VCP SYSTEM - DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEM - OFFICIAL SHOP which is the Polish main site, it arrived in about 5 days.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Well got another reply from Volta’s. They said if it doesn’t arrive in 4 weeks then I have to wait 90 days before they can chase it with their courier or send a replacement. I can say if it doesn’t arrive in the 4 week period I will have to cancel the order and most likely call my credit card company. In this day and age it shouldn’t take that long for anything to get delivered anywhere in the world.
    I think they need to make this clear on their website rather than say 3-14 days in Europe. If it said that I probably would have opted for the dhl/ups option.
    That's shocking!

0 0 0

3. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6ian View Post
    That's shocking!
    I thought so too. I can understand things get lost in post and possibly damaged but as a company they should resolve it with their own insurance/courier and make sure the customer is sorted. However their view is I need to wait till they deal with it then I will get my answer and that’s the 90days+.
    Tracker says it with Royal Mail and has been for 10 days. They can’t get any other information other than what I see on the tracker.
    Even the slowest form of mail shouldn’t take this long from the Royal Mail. Second class post only takes a couple of days unless it’s christmas.

0 0 0

4. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Well saga continues. Still waiting for obd eleven. Sent them another note and they said I need to wait till they do their investigation which will take 14-28 days. Told them I’m not waiting another 28 days so will be contacting my credit card company. I gave them the choice of dealing with me or credit card company as they have had my money since day 1 and I’ve received nothing.
    Such bad customer service.

0 0 0

5. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Had I not already got mine, having read this I wouldn't have risked it. it's appalling service. Fortunately not needed to contact them for anything.

Do you want to borrow mine? along with my Android device? send me a PM if you do.

0 0 0

6. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6ian View Post
    Had I not already got mine, having read this I wouldn't have risked it. it's appalling service. Fortunately not needed to contact them for anything.

Do you want to borrow mine? along with my Android device? send me a PM if you do.
    Thanks for the offer. Might take you up on it.
    Annoyingly I already got the amazon fire tablet off the back of what you said previously. I am willing to bet that they will try to worm out refunding the pro pack as it’s on their website

0 0 0

7. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Sorry to hijack your thread but im looking into buying diagnostics for my 2015 Allroad.
    Given your experience would you recommend I buy the HEX-V2 from Ross Tech or go down the ODBEleven route?
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

8. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    In my opinion the new vcds cable isn’t worth it.
    New ways of coding vag cars is by parameterisation rather than just coding. Vcds can’t do this regardless if it’s the new or old.

Obdeleven is nice and cheap and can do parameterisation but is reliant on their apps which can be out of date. Obdeleven also allows vcds type coding if you get the pro pack.
    This is the nooby tool and the apps are easy to use. It’s also the one you can break things. Unlike coding in vcds where you can more or less reverse what you done the apps in obdeleven isn’t quite reversible so you can quickly screw things up by running the wrong apps for the wrong car etc.
    Another thing I figured out from other forums is that obdeleven needs to be connected to the internet to work. It scans your car and do coding live while connected to their networks. In theory if you lose connection you can brick a module. Their model is get as much information from customer cars to figure out new apps/coding. Nothing wrong with it but they don’t tell you that it’s going on.

Vag can pro is the tool I’m looking at now (after my obdeleven saga)but it’s expensive for what I need it for, similar prices to new hex net/v2. This is a full blown pro tool that can do coding, firmware updates and more. Not really for amateurs but meant to very good.

Vcds hex v2 £250-400 depending on subscription

Obdeleven £70 with pro pack, still would be my first choice if they didn’t mess me about. I would buy it from a U.K. retailer if I was to get this not directly from Volta’s.

Vcp £250-300 depending on exchange rate.

0 1 0

9. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    In my opinion the new vcds cable isn’t worth it.
    New ways of coding vag cars is by parameterisation rather than just coding. Vcds can’t do this regardless if it’s the new or old.

Obdeleven is nice and cheap and can do parameterisation but is reliant on their apps which can be out of date. Obdeleven also allows vcds type coding if you get the pro pack.
    This is the nooby tool and the apps are easy to use. It’s also the one you can break things. Unlike coding in vcds where you can more or less reverse what you done the apps in obdeleven isn’t quite reversible so you can quickly screw things up by running the wrong apps for the wrong car etc.
    Another thing I figured out from other forums is that obdeleven needs to be connected to the internet to work. It scans your car and do coding live while connected to their networks. In theory if you lose connection you can brick a module. Their model is get as much information from customer cars to figure out new apps/coding. Nothing wrong with it but they don’t tell you that it’s going on.

Vag can pro is the tool I’m looking at now (after my obdeleven saga)but it’s expensive for what I need it for, similar prices to new hex net/v2. This is a full blown pro tool that can do coding, firmware updates and more. Not really for amateurs but meant to very good.

Vcds hex v2 £250-400 depending on subscription

Obdeleven £70 with pro pack, still would be my first choice if they didn’t mess me about. I would buy it from a U.K. retailer if I was to get this not directly from Volta’s.

Vcp £250-300 depending on exchange rate.
    Thank you very much, I had been looking at the HEX-V2 for 3 Vins mainly for doing self diagnostics, brake pads etc on my own car. I've now downloaded the OBDeleven app and had a look through it, it looks like its going to be what I purchase. Looking on Ebay you can buy direct from Voltas? for £75 for pro or I can buy from German supplier for about £80.

If I'm to be doing any coding it would be via my phone and probably in my driveway with a good wifi signal or at least 4G.

It sounds like your looking to do similar things with what ever you decide to buy, its just deciding what to buy. Decisions decisions
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

10. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Most cheap diag type machines can do things like brake pads but not all can do coding.
    Carista is the other one that can do a bit of everything and also works with non vag cars.
    So there’s quite a few. Obdeleven does more than what I need to do. It’s just getting the buggers to send me the things...

1 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast