1. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I've got an OBDEleven (sorry A6S). It's fine for what I need it for. I have pro, but only really use it with the apps. WIth my A7 it has all the obvious ones that most people would ever use: Start/stop swap (and inverse), lap timer, needle sweep, brakes, VIM etc. Not had any problems with connectivity, but I can see how it could mess things up.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

2. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Obdeleven for most will do the job. I must be the unlucky one that got lost in the post.
    It’s just them admitting something can get lost in the post. They say it doesn’t happen and at worst it will get returned.

0 0 0

3. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have not tried OBD11 but have used VCDS since all you lot were in nappies, still use it even though I have full and legal ODIS and recently bought into VCP which in comparison to both is bloody slow and clunky. I have recently taken objection to Ross Techs help and replies but still it is the easiest system to use and for the beginner I would recommend nothing else.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I have not tried OBD11 but have used VCDS since all you lot were in nappies, still use it even though I have full and legal ODIS and recently bought into VCP which in comparison to both is bloody slow and clunky. I have recently taken objection to Ross Techs help and replies but still it is the easiest system to use and for the beginner I would recommend nothing else.
    Think the problem with vcds is it doesn’t really work on 2016 onward cars so you will need one of the other tools. A lot of money to spend considering it’s not future proof. Ok if you got an old car and not going to use it on newer cars.
    It’s unfortunate as vcds was good and support/new label files were readily available but not so much now. Maybe they have made their money and don’t care or they just not keeping up with new hardware and other cheap manufacturers have created tools that are better.

0 0 0

5. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It took me two days of Windows updates and pratting around before I could get it to work and STILL the USB on the right of my HP lap top will not install the drivers but the one on the left will, what’s going on there?
    Even up to a couple of years ago a lot of HP laptops had one USB 3 on the left side and the other ports are USB 2. It may be that VCP drivers are only available for USB 3..
    Also the USB 3 port is an active charge port so you can charge a phone with the laptop shut down / on standby - has a little bolt of lightning symbol next to it.
    EDIT... another thought ... if the VCP module pulls it's power from the USB port then it may NEED USB 3.
    USB 2 ports are only capable fo delivering 500 milli amps (half an amp)... USB 3 doubles that to 1000 milli amps, so if VCP needs more than 500 mA then it simply will not fire up properly on a USB 2 port
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

1 0 0

6. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It just says failed to install drivers. I contacted VCP about it but as seems usual with them heard nothing. The lap top has two USB ports, the one that works (left) has a + next to the symbol and the other (right) only the USB symbol. It isn't a huge issue it is just that the one that works is on the left which is not a natural layout for using it in a car. I have put the two screen messages together here, the lower one appears first. Thank you for helping.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Vcds 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I had something similar with a printer once. It worked with 1 USB port and not the other. In the end I figured out there was 2 hubs on the board and the driver for one side was wrong and using windows default drivers. Got a driver from manufacturer and all worked as it should.

0 1 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234