1. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Didn’t have the Bose. Don’t get me wrong the standard Audi music system is pretty good for most but the b&o is a different league. The b&o in the c7 is also better than the b&o in the a3/s3 but then again it’s a £6k option compared to something like £1k on the a3/s3.
    I personally wouldn’t have specced the b&o in the s3 at £1k but luckily in the black edition it’s standard on the s3. All the other a3 black edition gets the Audi music system. At £1k I would have got pano roof or something else.

Had a shot of the new a7 and I think I found most new Audi’s you lose that sensation of speed, partly it’s probably more insulated and newer engines are so much quieter even the diesels. Only the s/rs cars has the loud ish exhaust which give you the sensation of speed.

Other thing I noticed on the s3 compared to the 272 the dsg box behaves very differently even though both are 7 speed.
    On the s3 it can drop multiple gears when you floor it but in the A6 it’s sequential and doesn’t react as quickly. When gunning it the s3 changes are snappier and almost lightning quick. Think maybe that’s why it’s feels quite a bit quicker than the 272.
    Not impressed with the Apple CarPlay at all. The integrated Audi system using the phone as iPod works better for me.

Well that’s the first tank of fuel gone as well need to get used to filling this up a bit more than the A6.

1 0 0

2. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    The b&o in the c7 is also better than the b&o in the a3/s3 but then again it’s a £6k option compared to something like £1k on the a3/s3.
    Probably Bose was dropped, and these options was removed from the entire product range. When I checked the C8 configurator for Hungary, I found a "cheaper" B&O option for the A6/C8 which has an almost the same price tag as Bose had earlier. Knowing the price range of the B&O systems, it seems for me, that they intend to have a bigger market share as they had earlier, so probably they made a deal with Audi to let them offer an "impressive" system for a high price and a "casual" version for a ""low"" price.

On the s3 it can drop multiple gears when you floor it but in the A6 it’s sequential and doesn’t react as quickly.
    Is it possible, that you have a ZF gearbox against to the regular Audi gearbox?

I know it was only a short period, but do you have any impression about any mentionable disadvantage, or any positive surprise compared to your old A6?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    272 was definitely the dsg box. Zf was on the bitdi and rs.
    After 3 c7s the biggest disadvantage going to the s3 is space. The interior in the A6 was huge for even 6ft tall folk in the back. The a3 is still spacious for a family car but not as much leg room. A6 was a much quieter place to be for long distance and just that bit more tranquil. Suspension is softer as well. I also had a lot more equipment in my A6, memory seats, folding mirrors and power boot that I’m kinda missing.
    S3 however is more nimble and quicker. The main advantage is the tech is a lot newer and the virtual cockpit is a nice bit of kit. The b&o is surprisingly very good and the more I use it the better it seems to sound(maybe it’s breaking in). Other advantage is the hatchback compared to saloon. Easier to load stuff in especially taller items. A6 boot was a lot deeper though.
    Parking is a breeze. Some parking spaces around here are quite small and the A6 seems to hang over the shorter ones.
    S3 has a nice burble to the exhaust and the pops and bangs when pushing it is amusing. Switch it to comfort and the exhaust is pretty quiet.
    Main thing for me was I really didn’t need a big car like the A6 anymore and I don’t do long distances for a diesel either.
    Maybe it’s midlife crisis and I want to be a boy racer again but the s3 ticks all the boxes. Quick, noisy when you want it to be and still decent enough for a long distance cruiser.
    I would definitely recommend the s3. I did look at the s4/5 but the extra money to me wasn’t worth it especially I’m looking at driving 4K a year and to get a similar spec s4/5 it would have been £10k+ more and not really that much quicker if it’s quicker at all.

0 0 0

4. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    S3 has a nice burble to the exhaust and the pops and bangs when pushing it is amusing. Switch it to comfort and the exhaust is pretty quiet.
    Is it a real noise or piped like the BiTdi?

The auto boxes can all be programmed to behave differently and people often have them remapped at the same time as the engine

0 0 0

5. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Think it’s similar to the bitdi.
    There’s 4 exhaust pipes and when in dynamic all 4 is open otherwise it’s only the inner 2. One of the forums I read folk were complaining the inner exhausts were stain black as the valve weren’t always open so they use vcds to keep them open all the time so all 4 were equally dirty.

0 0 0

6. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    That sounds like it is exhaust tuning rather than a speaker in the exhaust like the BiTdi

0 0 0

7. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Just a flap by the looks of it. All it does is open another tailpipe. In the bitdi the flap opens so gas flows to a resonator which gives you the sound.

0 0 0

8. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Just a flap by the looks of it. All it does is open another tailpipe. In the bitdi the flap opens so gas flows to a resonator which gives you the sound.
    There isn't a flap on the BiTdi just a speaker or sound generator which you can program to make different noises and backfire etc.

0 0 0

9. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Always thought it still required the gas to flow through the speaker thing.
    Learn something new everyday.

0 0 0

10. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Not been on here much but thought I post some pics of the new ride.
    Better change my sig as well.
    1A4AC342-9FE8-4023-9BD8-AE90149ACF66.jpg84E8D9D8-E45E-4900-97E4-C06501478DB0.jpg

0 4 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast