1. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Or the cost. People I know with older Aston’s say they’re a bit unreliable. I toyed with a Vantage but then I drove an F Type R. OMG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I do like the f type but it’s a bit overpriced. The base 4 pot 300bhp is £50k+
    Cayman or boxster is cheaper and probably better/quicker. Even the tt-rs is cheaper than that and a hell lot quicker.

0 0 0

3. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Yep I like the look of the S3 was in the dealer yesterday for my MOT and there was an S3 there but it was 44k

Did you manage to get a good deal? How do you normally get them, wondering how the PCP would compare as typically the A6 seem to give a good monthly figure compared to others in the Audi range. Generally have more toys too New A7 was quite nice but not so sure on the new centre console and the front grill has two erm radar type things in it that are large and I think detract from the looks

0 0 0

4. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    £44k is very expensive for s3, it’s rs3 money. The one I’m getting is a black edition with tech pack. To get to £44k(list price) you will need to add advance key, pano roof, memory seats and a whole load more other stuff. List price for mine is under premium car tax and less than £34k
    I will be paying a little less than my 272 A6 on pcp.

0 0 0

5. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    I had a look at the model again in the showroom it was £43,530

Vegas Yellow - yes well erm ...
    Technology Pack
    Lumbar Support
    Folding Mirrors
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Magnetic Ride (no cost ??)
    Red Brake Calipers

There was an RS3 next to it £55,970

Matt Aluminium Styling Pack
    Folding Mirrors
    19" 5 Arm Blade Alloys
    Comfort Pack
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Panther Black
    Matrix LED Headlights
    Super Sports Seats
    RS Design Pack
    RS Sports Exhaust

Still had manual seats

0 0 0

6. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    To get electric seats you need the super sport seats on the s/rs3. These are options even on the Rs which I find is taking the **** a bit.
    Mag ride on the s3 only free if you upgrade to 19s on the sportback but standard on the saloon.
    I would say that s3 is still quite pricey. I’m getting a sportback black edition with tech pack. Which is really all the toys you need.
    Would have liked more toys like pano roof or super sport seats or matrix led but that would have pushed it over the premium car tax which wasn’t worth it as it would just be little over the £40k.

0 0 0

7. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    There is also no memory option for the A3 electric seats, so when the Mrs & I was selected the options for the Mrs new A3 we skipped electric seats as they are slower than moving the manual seats around + without memory it's pointless.

0 0 0

8. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    There is also no memory option for the A3 electric seats, so when the Mrs & I was selected the options for the Mrs new A3 we skipped electric seats as they are slower than moving the manual seats around + without memory it's pointless.
    Electric seats without memory is a waste of time.
    Only reason I want electric seats is my wife is a foot shorter than me so i don’t need to adjust after she drives it.
    I think if you got super sports seat they have memory. Or it will be part of a pack like comfort etc.
    They do like packaging all the good bits into these packs to make you buy it. 9 out of 10 times you want 2 things in the pack and don’t care about the rest.

0 0 0

9. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Well today’s the day. Got my new car and very happy with it.
    S3 black edition with tech pack.
    On paper there’s not much between the s3 and the 272 but the delivery on the s3 is impressive and definitely quicker. Being a smaller and lighter car it handles so much better.
    It’s not as comfortable as the A6 but that wasn’t the reason I got it but still comfortable enough even for long journeys.
    The new tech is pretty cool and still playing about with it. The B&o is much better than the Audi sound system in the A6.
    Will report back once I get a chance to play some more and any vcds stuff.
    I think my vpower card is gonna take a beating 😄

0 3 0

10. Re: Goodbye A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Well today’s the day. Got my new car and very happy with it.
    S3 black edition with tech pack.
    On paper there’s not much between the s3 and the 272 but the delivery on the s3 is impressive and definitely quicker. Being a smaller and lighter car it handles so much better.
    It’s not as comfortable as the A6 but that wasn’t the reason I got it but still comfortable enough even for long journeys.
    The new tech is pretty cool and still playing about with it. The B&o is much better than the Audi sound system in the A6.
    Will report back once I get a chance to play some more and any vcds stuff.
    I think my vpower card is gonna take a beating 
    Sweet, what colour did you get?

Did you have the Bose in your A6? I notice that Bose isn't offered on the A7 any more instead there are two versions of B&O one at around £600 or so and the other, I have more money than sense option at £6000 still

The A7 340ps that I drove didn't have the same feel as my A6 BiTdi even though mine is only a little bit down on power on paper. It was a lot quieter which I think adds to the feel, I hadn't driven the 272 but I expect it would be similar. The BiTdi was tuned to be a bit different in the same way the S3 is if that makes sense.
    So are you going to change your username to A6S3 now then ???

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast