Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hello All,

I have to replace clutch, flywheel and pressure plate soon.

That will be done by indy but anyhow, I am just curious what is procedure about this entire job.

One thing is not clear to me, procedure of disconnecting the battery, there are instructions:

Disconnecting and connecting battery
    Procedure
    Switch off ignition and take out ignition key.
    Saloon:
    Lift luggage compartment floor covering and secure.
    Avant:
    Remove luggage compartment floor -1- and cover for moulded insert (deep version) -2-.
    All vehicles:
    Release battery securing strap -1- (if fitted).
    Note
    If no quick release fastener is fitted on battery securing strap, securing bolt for battery securing strap must be unscrewed.
    Release the retaining clips -arrows- using a screwdriver -2- and remove the cover -1- for the negative terminal.
    Note
    Illustration shows moulded cover removed.
    Loosen nut several turns and disconnect battery clamp -arrow- of earth cable from battery terminal.
    Vehicles with battery monitor control unit -J367-:
    To open cover -1- over negative battery terminal, release retaining tab -arrow B- and swivel cover upwards -arrow A-.
    Unplug electrical connector -1- at battery monitor control unit -J367--item 2-.
    All vehicles (continued):
    When connecting battery, attach battery clamp of earth cable to negative battery terminal “–” by hand and tighten nut.
    Vehicles with battery monitor control unit -J367-:
    Re-connect electrical connector -1- at battery monitor control unit -J367--item 2-.
    All vehicles (continued):
    The following measures must be carried out after re-connecting battery:
    t Activate automatic open/close function of electric window regulators - see
    t Synchronise spare keys and additional keys to ensure correct remote control operation. To do so, insert key in ignition lock, switch on the ignition and then off again, then remove the key.
    t Interrogate event memories of all control units and erase “Low voltage” fault if necessary
    Note
    After reconnecting the voltage supply, it is possible that the ESP warning lamp will not go out until the vehicle has been driven several metres.

UNQUOTE

I have marked in bold and underlined the part that I do not understand well as I see that I have that monitor module J367 in my car

Do I need to take away negative then to disconnect that monitor unit by unplugging or to unplug monitor unit while the earth clamp is still on battery? Then on connecting the battery I need to put the earth clamp back and then to connect that monitor modul again, as I understand well? OR for the cars with Battery monitor unit it is enough to disconnect only that battery monitor unit and leave the earth clamp?

What will happen if I do not unplug that unit and only disconnect the earth clamp and leave the monitor unit connected?

Thanks in advance
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

2. Re: Battery disconnection procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    It’s easy. Remove the clamp that keeps the batery on its place. First unplug minus and than plus. When assambling do it in the order you unmade them. No worries. You will activate comfort windows when opening all the windows from the driver side. Fully open and fully close. Easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 0 0

3. Re: Battery disconnection procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    On a6 c6 battery disconects under the bonet, not in the boot .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Battery disconnection procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Niedzal why you say that? You have good information? Where you disconnect it if not in the boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Battery disconnection procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    The battery is in luggage compartment. As far as I know, there is nothing in engine compartment that you can disconect the battery only you have jumping / charging points. Or I am wrong?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

6. Re: Battery disconnection procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    the battery is in the boot, just disconnect the terminals. no need to take it out
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

1 0 0