Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MKIV GOLF GT TDI Engine shake problem NEED HELP please!!

1. MKIV GOLF GT TDI Engine shake problem NEED HELP please!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am writing to you to ask if you would be able to actually pinpoint what is causing my whole engine to shake when i turn the engine on (when the revs are idle, either moving or stationary, and when i accelerate in all gears at any speed, up to 70mph (obviously)) but the thing is that it picks and chooses when it wants to play up and today was the worst its been but when the Mrs drove to work it was perfectly fine,
    2 different mechanics have mentioned it could be the flywheel but have also heard it could be the engine mount, i have noticed that (what i think is) the inter cooler is sitting below the front bumper by approx 2 inches and wondered if that is normal

I also had a look under the engine while the car was running and noticed that the furthest back cog that the belt intertwines around on the drivers lower side of the engine looks like its spins of axis (kinda like a buckle)

either way this is ruining my driving experience and engine power as when i accelerate i have no oomph, no back of the seat pulling when i take off from a junction/roundabout/traffic light

VW
    Golf
    MKIV
    GT
    1.9 TDI
    130BHP

Can anybody please advise me please and also tell me if i have to have a mechanic do it or is it possible for a competent person to tackle

0 0 0

2. Re: MKIV GOLF GT TDI Engine shake problem NEED HELP please!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes it could be the DMF but also on a car of that age, many other issues such as injectors or their wiring harness, you make no mention of a code read. The intercooler should not hang below the spoiler and the pulley you mention will be the one for the air conditioning which only engages (electro magnetically) when required
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. MkIV Golf - engine runs cold
    By jcp-123 in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-01-2017, 09:14 PM
  2. MKIV Golf Cruise Control Problem
    By conorlawson in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-06-2016, 03:16 PM