hiThere,
I was the proud owner of a 2007 audi a3 sportback 1.9 tdi with the dreaded BXE Engine until 1 day it decided to part company with 1 of its con-rod.After many weeks of searching for a replacement engine I couldn't get one for less than a grand.then a guy from brighton I met on another forum told me about the swapping from a B series engine to the older A series .
I'm not wanting to remap the car or other mods like that so I decided to buy a AJM 115hp engine with just 84,000 mies.
After swapping all my ancilliaries and modifying the block to take the crank sensor I fitted the new engine.Anyway all went well until I tried to start the car.cranking for 15 seconds until it fired into life .Then I noticed the coil light flashing so I hooked it up to vcds and got a dtc (Engine Speed Sensor - No Signal-MIL ON)(G28).
After a lot of internet searches I am nowhere closer to solving the issue.I'm in Barnsley,South Yorkshire And wondered if there were anyone who could help.I'm happy to pay to get it sorted but cant afford to leave it at a garage and be left with a hefty bill for labour.
I hope someone out there can help
many Thanks
Steve