Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Throttle Body MK 5 2.0 TDI (2007)

1. Throttle Body MK 5 2.0 TDI (2007) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone,

I have quite an issue which I'd really like some help with (I'm no mechanic but I can use a tool or two and follow instructions )

Basically, I had the P2108 Error code "Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance"

After a long time driving with it, I eventually bought a new aftermarket throttle body/anti shudder valve/flap motor - whatever you prefer to call it, and had it fitted.

It worked great for about 5 days and then the engine light came back on and it started shuddering on shutdown again, throwing the same P2108 code.

I've opened the hood up and when I remove the cable leading to the TB and plug it back in, I can distinctively hear the motor turning, also if I play with the fuse (24) then it's like it gets a spike of power and then I can hear the motor turning...

Is this possibly more indicative of the wiring being an issue, or perhaps something else? Or is the new TB I bought faulty?

Thanks in advance!

0 0 0

2. Re: Throttle Body MK 5 2.0 TDI (2007) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just removed the pipe to take a video (below) and then I fiddled with the plug a bit - one of the pins inside is bent so may make intermittent connections or something.... plugged it back in after fiddling with it and the valve opens and closes correctly like it should - no shudder, so let's see how many days this lasts - so I'm guessing it's to do with the plug connection causing the problem.

Cleared the code and nothing shows up for now...

Throttle Body - YouTube

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Please Help Throttle body
    By danny851 in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-2017, 01:44 AM
  2. Throttle body
    By Mikeb8 in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 09:21 PM
  3. Clean throttle body and perfom Throttle Body Alignment (TBA) - big job?
    By allanmb in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-01-2013, 09:50 PM
  4. Question Regarding the Throttle Body?
    By ImCammers in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 07:12 PM
  5. Please Help where is the throttle body
    By bigdavehep in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM