Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid?

1. Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Hi,

has anyone figured out how to extend the range for the remote closing of the boot via the remote fob? Obviously it should work as you can lock the car or open the boot from 20 metres + but to close the boot with the remote you need to be behind the boot and within a couple of metres... You might as well us the button on the boot to close the lid. I've tried a few settings on J393 but to no avail.

cheers
    A

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    can confirm that this ****** me off as well.

0 0 0

3. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    can confirm that this ****** me off as well.
    What sh1ts me the most is the fact that you can be 20 metres away and can here the locking mechanism lock and the lights flash on the car so its getting the signal but it just doesn't close. Issue is the proximity sensors for the doors for keyless entry must obviously be involved and are sensing for the location of the keys. Also., only appears to be the rear of the car where you can use the key to open. My brothers new volvo XC90 opens and shuts from over 10 metres away.... don't get me going with TSR!!!!

All this stuff is controlled by J393.... Dataset??? It has one....

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    I mean being behind the boot (within 3 metres) to use the long press of the boot button to close the boot remotely...

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    don't get me going with TSR!!!!
    No problems enabling TSR here in the UK. Need VCP and correct dataset flashing, but it's working great.

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
    No problems enabling TSR here in the UK. Need VCP and correct dataset flashing, but it's working great.
    Yeah I know. I have VCP and have it activated here in Oz and requested the script from VCP last year to activate it and also the dataset update for A5. Issue is the module A5 camera which controls TSR and sends the speed sign info to the instrument cluster has a list of "allowed" countries in it and if you are not within that list it will partially work if you see a traffic sign within the first 5 minutes of driving the car then error with "function restricted" or not work at all with "function unavailable in this country". The A5 camera receives location information from the MIB2 which includes GPS information which the camera then looks at to determine whether it can function in that specific country. I note some Russians are claiming they have it working in Russia (Russia mustn't be on the approved countries list) by making changes to MIB2. I think they have disabled Predictive Route Data (PSD in byte 24) which will stop this information from being sent. Issue here is it will stop other functions that rely on this information which all appear to be headlight related (and Matrix in particular) and controlled by BCM1 (J519). From Matrix SSP:

"Predictive route data
    If the vehicle has the MMI Navigation plus option and hence predictive route data at its disposal, the Audi Matrix LED headlights can operate in an anticipatory way. Thus, the MatrixBeam control unit has information on the road ahead, the type of road the vehicle is currently on and whether the vehicle is currently inside or outside a built-up area. This additional information allows some light functions to be implemented or activated earlier.

(*) In vehicles which have predictive route data at their disposal, the tourist lights are activated automatically. The MatrixBeam control unit determines from the predictive route data whether the vehicle is currently driving in a country with left or right-hand traffic.

(*) Intersection lights are only available if the vehicle has predictive route data at its disposal. Since intersections ahead of the vehicle cannot at present be reliably detected by a camera or other sensor, this navigation data is indispensable. Both cornering lights, or, to be precise, the intersection lights, are switched on when the vehicle approaches an intersection travelling at a speed of less than 40 kph.

**** The intersection must be included in the predictive route data in order that the vehicle electronics can check the distance criterion."

From the Q7 4M User Manual "Traffic sign recognition is not available in all countries. For a current list, see the Internet (e.g. www.audi.com)." I have never been able to find this list. In the SSP 635 it mentions extending countries in Europe and also support for North America and Canada:

"The camera based traffic sign recognition system uses both traffic signs detected by the front camera for driver assistance system R242 and information on traffic signs detected by MMI Navigation Plus. The navigation data is transmitted as so-called >>>> predictive route data <<<< and provides information on the route segments ahead.

The markets in which traffic sign recognition is available were extended to include the following markets:

European markets
    • Albania
    • Bosnia-Herzegovina
    • Estonia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Macedonia
    • Moldavia
    • Montenegro
    • Serbia
    • Cyprus

Markets in North America
    • USA
    • Canada"

0 0 0

7. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    What sh1ts me the most is the fact that you can be 20 metres away and can here the locking mechanism lock and the lights flash on the car so its getting the signal but it just doesn't close. Issue is the proximity sensors for the doors for keyless entry must obviously be involved and are sensing for the location of the keys. Also., only appears to be the rear of the car where you can use the key to open. My brothers new volvo XC90 opens and shuts from over 10 metres away.... don't get me going with TSR!!!!

All this stuff is controlled by J393.... Dataset??? It has one....
    ****** me off that my mates cx9 can do remote close on his keyfob from his doorstep.

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 4M - distance for remote close of boot lid? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah I know. I have VCP and have it activated here in Oz and requested the script from VCP last year to activate it and also the dataset update for A5. Issue is the module A5 camera which controls TSR and sends the speed sign info to the instrument cluster has a list of "allowed" countries in it and if you are not within that list it will partially work if you see a traffic sign within the first 5 minutes of driving the car then error with "function restricted" or not work at all with "function unavailable in this country". The A5 camera receives location information from the MIB2 which includes GPS information which the camera then looks at to determine whether it can function in that specific country. I note some Russians are claiming they have it working in Russia (Russia mustn't be on the approved countries list) by making changes to MIB2. I think they have disabled Predictive Route Data (PSD in byte 24) which will stop this information from being sent. Issue here is it will stop other functions that rely on this information which all appear to be headlight related (and Matrix in particular) and controlled by BCM1 (J519). From Matrix SSP:

"Predictive route data
    If the vehicle has the MMI Navigation plus option and hence predictive route data at its disposal, the Audi Matrix LED headlights can operate in an anticipatory way. Thus, the MatrixBeam control unit has information on the road ahead, the type of road the vehicle is currently on and whether the vehicle is currently inside or outside a built-up area. This additional information allows some light functions to be implemented or activated earlier.

(*) In vehicles which have predictive route data at their disposal, the tourist lights are activated automatically. The MatrixBeam control unit determines from the predictive route data whether the vehicle is currently driving in a country with left or right-hand traffic.

(*) Intersection lights are only available if the vehicle has predictive route data at its disposal. Since intersections ahead of the vehicle cannot at present be reliably detected by a camera or other sensor, this navigation data is indispensable. Both cornering lights, or, to be precise, the intersection lights, are switched on when the vehicle approaches an intersection travelling at a speed of less than 40 kph.

**** The intersection must be included in the predictive route data in order that the vehicle electronics can check the distance criterion."

From the Q7 4M User Manual "Traffic sign recognition is not available in all countries. For a current list, see the Internet (e.g. www.audi.com)." I have never been able to find this list. In the SSP 635 it mentions extending countries in Europe and also support for North America and Canada:

"The camera based traffic sign recognition system uses both traffic signs detected by the front camera for driver assistance system R242 and information on traffic signs detected by MMI Navigation Plus. The navigation data is transmitted as so-called >>>> predictive route data <<<< and provides information on the route segments ahead.

The markets in which traffic sign recognition is available were extended to include the following markets:

European markets
    • Albania
    • Bosnia-Herzegovina
    • Estonia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Macedonia
    • Moldavia
    • Montenegro
    • Serbia
    • Cyprus

Markets in North America
    • USA
    • Canada"
    I tried and tried to get TSR AKA VZE to work but yeah that was a no. annoys me that skodas and others can have it here but we can't.

0 0 0