Hi Guys,

My car has got a DPF sign and me being stupid I didn't immediately take it out on the motor for it to re-gen. It has come on in the past before few months ago and just take it on the motorway at 50-60 in 4th gear and it clears itself out.

Anyway this time the engine light came on and went into limp mode so it wouldn't regen! I took it to a friend who doesn't have VAGS software but a universal software reader and it had one error code relating to the DPF - "09263| Diesel Particulate Filter (Bank 1) Restricted/Clogged P242F"

Anyway I been reading up on this forum and other about the process of running an emergency regeneration using the VAGS software, I found a mobile mechanic who came out today but instead of running a regen he just went ahead and reset the DPF message and engine light...... he talked about resetting the parameters. I asked him about running a regeneration but he started to get confrontational and I left it as that.

The car is out of limp mode and I took it on the motorway for a 30mile run @ 60-70mph in 4th gear for the car to start running a regeneration.

I have a couple of questions.

1. will the car run a regeneration even when the DPF warning message is not on? I would presume it does when the exhaust gets hot enough
2. is anyone available in North West to hook the VCDS upto it and have it checked out i'm willing to travel and hand over some cash. I just want to make sure whatever he did doesn't end up not alerting me ever, gets worse and causes me an even bigger problem.

If someone could help i really would appreciate it.
p.s - i don't have 15 posts yet and can't pm so if you could pm me with your details that would help or you can reach me on 07521 340967

Thanks