Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

My car has got a DPF sign and me being stupid I didn't immediately take it out on the motor for it to re-gen. It has come on in the past before few months ago and just take it on the motorway at 50-60 in 4th gear and it clears itself out.

Anyway this time the engine light came on and went into limp mode so it wouldn't regen! I took it to a friend who doesn't have VAGS software but a universal software reader and it had one error code relating to the DPF - "09263| Diesel Particulate Filter (Bank 1) Restricted/Clogged P242F"

Anyway I been reading up on this forum and other about the process of running an emergency regeneration using the VAGS software, I found a mobile mechanic who came out today but instead of running a regen he just went ahead and reset the DPF message and engine light...... he talked about resetting the parameters. I asked him about running a regeneration but he started to get confrontational and I left it as that.

The car is out of limp mode and I took it on the motorway for a 30mile run @ 60-70mph in 4th gear for the car to start running a regeneration.

I have a couple of questions.

1. will the car run a regeneration even when the DPF warning message is not on? I would presume it does when the exhaust gets hot enough
    2. is anyone available in North West to hook the VCDS upto it and have it checked out i'm willing to travel and hand over some cash. I just want to make sure whatever he did doesn't end up not alerting me ever, gets worse and causes me an even bigger problem.

If someone could help i really would appreciate it.
    p.s - i don't have 15 posts yet and can't pm so if you could pm me with your details that would help or you can reach me on 07521 340967

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: VCDS - DPF regeneration needed pls - Manchester / North West 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    We/you need to know the DPF soot loading percentage and ash mass grams, if these figures are above specific parameters the ECU will not initiate regeneration because there is a very real risk of fire, I quote “warning, vehicle may burn down” so the DPF has to come off and be professionally cleaned and after re-fitting, a new pressure sensor fitted, the Ash mass gram figure reduced to around 25% of maximum and THEN a forced regeneration carried out. Some models allow a parked “service” regeneration facility but this varies. Quite often I find VCDS unable to carry out a regeneration on some models and I have to use the VAG system ODIS to get the job done.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0