Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchToGerman View Post
    Hi, I replaced the whole lot eventually at 93k but the flywheel has been on the way out since about 60k but it got to the point where it was rattling a lot and sounded awful, at first it wasn’t bad just giving the odd shake now and then. The clutch was actually still ok and had quite a bit of life left by the look of it but may aswell change the lot whilst you’re in there.
    Did you use the clamping device special tool for the
    clutch
    pressure plate to dual mass flywheel or did you get someone to do this for you as I can see the tool does is quite expensive and would add considerable price to the job especially if its a one off.
    Thanks again for the info guys its very helpful.

0 0 0

2. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, Im unsure what tool you mean? I didnt need any special tools to fit the clutch other than a clutch alignment tool which cost me 13

0 0 0

3. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi, I’m unsure what tool you mean? I didn’t need any special tools to fit the clutch other than a clutch alignment tool which cost me 13
    I thought it need a special tool as it could cause damage to the dual mass flywheel when bolting up and could twist and be damaged without it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5KeAQntGM hope I am wrong as these are not cheep maybe
    crasher could throw some light on the subject ,here is a link to the tool I am talking about. LuK SAC Special Tool | REPXPERT Site US

I have an Audi so maybe a bit different but they both have the
    dual mass
    flywheel, here is the vid for Audi which shows same sort of tool being used. Schimbul modulului de ambreiaj LuK pentru Audi b8 2 0tdi - YouTube

0 0 0

4. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    It does say in the description that the tool is encouraged but not necessary. In my opinion you should be fine as long as you do up the pressure plate bolts in stages ensuring it clamps down even, theres a few YouTube vids of people changing out the clutch and dmf and Ive not seen anyone use this tool yet

0 0 0

5. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    It does say in the description that the tool is encouraged but not necessary. In my opinion you should be fine as long as you do up the pressure plate bolts in stages ensuring it clamps down even, theres a few YouTube vids of people changing out the clutch and dmf and Ive not seen anyone use this tool yet
    Yes just see that bit, was a little worried at having to purchase such an expensive tool for a one off job. Amazed that the kits are not being sold already assembled as with the Audi anyway it looks like the assembly is in the gearbox and blotted to the flywheel ring gear engine side shown in this vid.

Замена сцепления Ауди А4 / Clutch replacement Audi A4 - LUK - YouTube

Thanks anyway.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123