Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    There were Sachs and LUK systems from new, so what make is it? The Sachs and LUK do look different and you are replacing the DMF aren't you?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    There were Sachs and LUK systems from new, so what make is it? The Sachs and LUK do look different and you are replacing the DMF aren't you?
    The new kit ive installed is a Sachs which includes new DMF, clutch kit and slave cylinder. The old kit was a LUK Kit but the supplier told me both kits will fit my car so i wen't ahead and fitted it.

Now ive just fitted it all for the second time, bled the clutch and there is zero air coming out but still it will not go into gear? really getting sick of this now not had a car for a week and I feel like they've sent me the wrong clutch kit and this is the issue. The supplier is adamant that both kits fit my car, well yes they both bolt on but the car wasn't having any issue getting into gear before i installed this other clutch kit the whole reason i swapped it was due to the DMF being bad.

0 0 0

3. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Private message me your reg number and the Sachs kit number. Have you bled it by foot or pressure bleeder?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Private message me your reg number and the Sachs kit number. Have you bled it by foot or pressure bleeder?
    I've tried to bleed it both ways pressure and by foot, i can't seem to get anymore air out of it so i really don't know where to go from here other than ripping it back apart again. ill send them over now.

Also this is a link to the same clutch kit https://www.cartech-one.co.uk/en/pro...ch-kit/v-17280

0 0 0

5. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Using that Sachs kit number 2290 601 009 in Tec Doc it comes up as the right kit and it is a slightly increased duty X Tend unit BUT it does not give me the part numbers of the parts in the box

http://toc.tecdoc.net/cis/documents/...YgLU/1538012/0

Using the ETKA FI Suggestion VAG numbers using your VIN for a factory fitted Sachs system and converting these to Sachs numbers I get

Flywheel 03G 105 266 BN is Sachs 2294 000 113

Clutch kit 03G 141 015 L is Sachs 3000 970 004

Release bearing 0A5 141 671 F is Sachs 3182 654 150

Can you check these numbers against the boxes the parts came in?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Using that Sachs kit number 2290 601 009 in Tec Doc it comes up as the right kit and it is a slightly increased duty X Tend unit BUT it does not give me the part numbers of the parts in the box

Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 - Error report

Using the ETKA FI Suggestion VAG numbers using your VIN for a factory fitted Sachs system and converting these to Sachs numbers I get

Flywheel 03G 105 266 BN is Sachs 2294 000 113

Clutch kit 03G 141 015 L is Sachs 3000 970 004

Release bearing 0A5 141 671 F is Sachs 3182 654 150

Can you check these numbers against the boxes the parts came in?
    Hi, thanks for the reply, its all sorted now.. i decided to take the gearbox back off to find that i had put the clutch disc in backwards as I was rushing to get it back together the second time, Ah well. lesson learnt always double check your work before you throw the gearbox back on lol!

0 0 0

7. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It would help if Sachs put the English translation of Getribe Seite “gearbox side” on the friction plate as well.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Been watching this thread with interest and glad you got it sorted in the end. That was a very good price for a complete clutch kit including duel mass flywheel what millage did the old one give out at? or was there other factors.
    maybe Crasher can throw some light on what make is better Sachs or Lux or are they much the same.
    Anyway all the best and hope it give you many years of trouble free motoring.

0 0 0

9. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Either, there is nothing to choose between them.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

10. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, I replaced the whole lot eventually at 93k but the flywheel has been on the way out since about 60k but it got to the point where it was rattling a lot and sounded awful, at first it wasn’t bad just giving the odd shake now and then. The clutch was actually still ok and had quite a bit of life left by the look of it but may aswell change the lot whilst you’re in there.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast