Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I changed the clutch and flywheel on my golf over the weekend, I took my time with it and torqued everything up to spec, got the gearbox back on the car and proceeded to bleed the clutch.. this is when it all wen't wrong! I had been trying to bleed the clutch for a good few hours and the pedal wasn't getting any better and would just stick to the floor every time after bleeding even after getting what i thought was all of the air out of the system.. carried on a bit longer until i noticed it was literally peeing brake fluid out of the bell housing.

I have now taken the gearbox back off to find the slave cylinder leaking right out of the seals, Is this just a case of a faulty part or could I have done something wrong? I have new parts on the way to fit but i'm worried its going to happen again! its leaked allover the clutch disc too so that's gonna need replacing, luckily the place I got it from have accepted responsibility and are sending new parts free of charge.

Any ideas what would cause this? I don't think it was actually leaking to start with i'm pretty sure it started to leak after the constant bleeding so i'm confused what has actually gone wrong.

0 0 0

2. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Mate of mine has a garage was making up new brake lines and fitting the flexi pipes supplied by the customer. Same scenario as you brake fluid everywhere the crimp on one pipe had never been closed, straight from the manufacturer in a sealed bag, quality control doesn't exist anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Nightmare, hope the next one is ok don't fancy taking the gearbox off for a third time!

0 0 0

4. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.wj.wilson View Post
    quality control doesn't exist anymore
    That is because the vast majority of people buying parts are chasing price not quality and so the suppliers give people what they want, we have a lot of trouble getting hold of premium quality parts, having to fight our way though virtual piles of Chinese crap.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I agree but I'm fed up with manufacturers parts being crap as well, but as you say it's made to a price not a standard, I bought a VW in good faith, only to find it had a cheat programme and the update sucks as well causing all kinds of issues, seems now there's more appearing every day from different manufacturers, the latest Daimler and BMW. What ever happened to pride in your product.

0 0 0

6. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The emissions cheat thing was blown out of all logical and sensible proportion and the "fix" did more harm than good as VAG were harassed into a quick fix that didn't work but it shut the press up and now slowly proper updates are coming out which solve the problems, I did the latest update on a Golf 6 TDI last week and it made the idle so much smoother and no excessive combustion noise. I don't tend to have any problems with genuine dealer parts, every now and again TPS will send me a new box with an old part in it that has been returned by some slimball of a customer for credit and THEIR quality check misses it (i.e. a non existent check) and then they send the bit out to someone else. I dread getting a problem with a genuine part as the TPS terms dictate that the warranty has to be dealt with by the marque appropriate dealer and they get grumpy as they did not sell you the part in the first place.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Rushed or not I was sent DVSA headed paperwork yet when my car went **** up I'd a major issue getting any help from VAG, suddenly it was a voluntary action.
    There's over 7000 folk on the VW forum having trouble nevermind Seat, Skoda, Audi, a corporation doesn't give a monkeys about Joe public until they get caught.
    There's bound to be more coming along soon as well.

0 0 0

8. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    New clutch disc and slave cylinder going back on today.. just wondering can anyone confirm the torque specs for the clutch pressure plate? just want to make sure everything is right, I have found 20NM on research..

thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If the issue had been just left alone and the cars not messed with, it would have been OK. There are far more cars out there with illegal removed DPF's and the so called "cheat" cars were massively cleaner than the cars they replaced even with the cheat, the whole problem is the fault of the California Air Resources Board placing unrealistic demands on the car manufactures. If they had followed suit with the EU (who's specs were still tight) this would never have happened. On the subject of large corporations, give me an example of any in the worlds top 100 companies who APPEAR to give a damn about the public, look at Toyota with the Takarta air bag scandal where dozens of people died before they lifted a finger? I think they do care but how does a large corporation employing tens of thousands show this like a small business can, well has to!

M6 bolt, 13 Nm, M7 bolt, 20 Nm

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDI 140 (BKD) Brand new slave cylinder leaking?! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if there are two types of clutch kit for the 140bhp BKD TDI engine? the new clutch kit looks alot different to the old one and i'm a bit concerned this may be the issue as the old clutch looked like the clutch "fingers" seemed to stick out further than the new one and i'm thinking its not making proper contact with the slave cylinder as when i dismantled it the slave cylinder looked asif it has tried to force itself apart due to the pressure inside it if that makes sense to anyone, kinda hard to explain..

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast