1. Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    By the look of it the filter is easy to replace but Is it possible to replace the diesel filter without having to resort to the high tec laptop stuff to pump fuel into the filter?

0 0 0

2. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You would have to hotwire the fuel pump at the relay.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I wouldn't know where to start with that Crasher but I did find this video where he gives the starter a small nudge via the key, trouble is mine fires up with the smallest of nudges.
    EASY HOW TO: Fuel Filter Change on New TDI Diesel VW Audi 2.0 - YouTube

0 0 0

4. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taxi3528 View Post
    I wouldn't know where to start with that Crasher but I did find this video where he gives the starter a small nudge via the key, trouble is mine fires up with the smallest of nudges.
    EASY HOW TO: Fuel Filter Change on New TDI Diesel VW Audi 2.0 - YouTube
    even with foot off clutch.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

5. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    This reminds me I need to write to Car Mecahnics magazine as they did an article this month on serving the CAYC and did not mention it, if someone follows this article and mangles their pump, they could be held liable if the reader produced the VW instructions. Over the last couple of years I have had to change quite a few pumps that reported low pressure after a filter change. Certain, but it seems very few, 2L models had two electric pumps with a second in a carrier next to the cam belt cover which is of the Bosch roller cell type very much like the Bosch 044 type used on a Golf 1 GTI. The ODIS diagnostic system has a very good post filter change priming function but the one in VCDS is not that good and if you have the twin pump system you have to go back and forth bleeding each a few minutes at a time, it is a bit of pain. I have just bought the VCP system which I will be playing with over the next few weeks, it promises to walk all over VCDS.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    This reminds me I need to write to Car Mecahnics magazine as they did an article this month on serving the CAYC and did not mention it, if someone follows this article and mangles their pump, they could be held liable if the reader produced the VW instructions. Over the last couple of years I have had to change quite a few pumps that reported low pressure after a filter change. Certain, but it seems very few, 2L models had two electric pumps with a second in a carrier next to the cam belt cover which is of the Bosch roller cell type very much like the Bosch 044 type used on a Golf 1 GTI. The ODIS diagnostic system has a very good post filter change priming function but the one in VCDS is not that good and if you have the twin pump system you have to go back and forth bleeding each a few minutes at a time, it is a bit of pain. I have just bought the VCP system which I will be playing with over the next few weeks, it promises to walk all over VCDS.
    The
    VCP system
    looks very much like it is using the 5054A
    ODIS interface but has a
    VCDS type software for control, best of both worlds if it can do what it says, but I think the novice user will be put off with the additional charge of an annual subscription + all the bolt on costs will put many off.
    Will be interested in your views when you get to play with the setup.

0 0 0

7. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I had to upgrade my VCDS leads as I suddenly realised they were out of date, I had not realised this until a few weeks ago when I went onto the VCDS forum to ask a question and was abruptly told it was my fault for not upgrading the interface as that weeks latest update had told me to, (without warning), so I decided to go for one of the new type but to also try VCP, instead of two new type VCDS interfaces, as often both are in use at the same time. The reason I started to look around is I found VCDS to increasingly not to work well on non US market cars such as Seat and Skoda plus the SRI function has always been a joke, this has recently caused problems with not setting the values correctly when the workshop lads used it on late Audi’s which meant I was increasingly being interrupted from my coffe, fourum surfing and periodic naps just to get up and reset service lights, intolerable! One of the main reasons though was the increasingly defensive, arrogant and combative attitude of Ross Tech on their forum when I raised issues or asked questions so I thought, why not? I have full ODIS access which can do anything VCDS, VCP or any other system can do and more, plus I have old and new VCDS interfaces so every day is a school day.

I found a few mins (in between naps and ice creams) on Friday to start installing VCP and the points I have so far noticed is that it is MUCH more of a fuss to download and install than VCDS (but not as despairingly tedious and irritating as ODIS), that the dongle install icon (which was tiny), I could swear said ODIS in red (so tying in with what you say about the VAS inter face) and that after two hours I could still not get it to work as it kept saying the interface software would not install (even though it let me register the interface) and I still could not get it to work but I rapidly melting into a pool on the floor and a visit to Sainsbury’s for food an Vodka became more important.

I have two Chinnese copies of VAS 5054 Plus interfaces and another VAS6154 which now won’t work with the latest ODIS 4.3.3 so I had to spend a grand on a full VAS6154 base station set up which I bought from TPS.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I had to upgrade my VCDS leads as I suddenly realised they were out of date, I had not realised this until a few weeks ago when I went onto the VCDS forum to ask a question and was abruptly told it was my fault for not upgrading the interface as that weeks latest update had told me to, (without warning), so I decided to go for one of the new type but to also try VCP, instead of two new type VCDS interfaces, as often both are in use at the same time. The reason I started to look around is I found VCDS to increasingly not to work well on non US market cars such as Seat and Skoda plus the SRI function has always been a joke, this has recently caused problems with not setting the values correctly when the workshop lads used it on late Audi’s which meant I was increasingly being interrupted from my coffe, fourum surfing and periodic naps just to get up and reset service lights, intolerable! One of the main reasons though was the increasingly defensive, arrogant and combative attitude of Ross Tech on their forum when I raised issues or asked questions so I thought, why not? I have full ODIS access which can do anything VCDS, VCP or any other system can do and more, plus I have old and new VCDS interfaces so every day is a school day.

I found a few mins (in between naps and ice creams) on Friday to start installing VCP and the points I have so far noticed is that it is MUCH more of a fuss to download and install than VCDS (but not as despairingly tedious and irritating as ODIS), that the dongle install icon (which was tiny), I could swear said ODIS in red (so tying in with what you say about the VAS inter face) and that after two hours I could still not get it to work as it kept saying the interface software would not install (even though it let me register the interface) and I still could not get it to work but I rapidly melting into a pool on the floor and a visit to Sainsbury’s for food an Vodka became more important.

I have two Chinnese copies of VAS 5054 Plus interfaces and another VAS6154 which now won’t work with the latest ODIS 4.3.3 so I had to spend a grand on a full VAS6154 base station set up which I bought from TPS.
    I have also found the same, the ross-tech forum has some very knowledgeable people but have found it is like getting blood out of a stone sometimes for information, ether they just do not know or its like them verses you and on the odd occasion you hit gold and maybe get a snippet.
    I bought my lead just to keep my hand in and do basic stuff myself when I purchased the car well after the warranty ran out as I'm well and truly out of the game now thank god. I can not believe how things have changed for the worst in the industry, the fundamentals of mechanics 101 is still the same and still has to be approached the same way, but we now have all these modules and programing to tell us things are working (how covenant it is, it even lets me know it's raining by switching the wipers on, I would have never of otherwise known, or it tells me how many miles to the gallon it does, never could work that bit out by filling the tank up and seeing how many miles it did) anyhow I can not believe the lack of information to basic stuff, there must be a cartel going on with the information of which only the main dealers are privy to.

Todays cars are no different to the phones or computers we use, they all run of software that has been programed by a human so why is it impossible to get relevant information on the cars we drive, if you phone or computer fails you can simply look up the error message and hay presto you have the answer and a way forward, as you stated the VCDS SRI function just does not work and messes with the settings and has to be manual altered, why this is basic stuff. I asked the staff if it was possible
    to implement in its software a record button/icon for first time use that will record all of the modules and there setup/ codes and was meet,
    I'm not keen on imposing it on people, this is basic stuff get real just look at the damage one can do with this software in the wrong hands.

Sorry to hear the problems with VCP, unfortunately software can be hit and miss sometimes, everything has to work in harmony and be compatible and when you finally get things working an update comes out and mucks it all up again.

Anyway hope you get it sorted without to much problems keep me updated please would be interested to see how it stacks up.

0 0 0

9. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    The new Typhoon's (Euro Fighter as I know it), priced at €90m, controlling software can be updated just like we do our iPhones. I suppose we are fortunate that it's not Windows based.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

10. Re: Diesel Filter Replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMEL View Post
    The new Typhoon's (Euro Fighter as I know it), priced at €90m, controlling software can be updated just like we do our iPhones. I suppose we are fortunate that it's not Windows based.
    That's not the problem, the cars can be updated but to do so you have to stand on one leg and jump up and down while singing in Japanese and then to top it off your get hardly any instructions on the procedure, so one bum note and you have to start all over again.
    How I love modern vehicles so much fun to work on (not), give me a Mk2 jaguar any day.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast